PDA

View Full Version : koni struts w/stock springs??

86LXItooFAST4me
11-29-2004, 08:09 AM
so... i found out that i HAVE to have coil overs on these koni struts.... damn it. unless i want to weld the spring stops onto the konis... anyway. i know there are countless threads on koni stuts and the coil overs to use with them but they all point in different directions. all and all, my question is, in youre opinion, what is the best coil overs to use with my adjustable konis with an SEi disk brake and prelude front arm setup with (soon to be) justins strut bars. so basically a STIFF ass suspenstion what is the ideal coil over?

Vanilla Sky
11-29-2004, 01:34 PM
get a set of GCs, and if you really want to change srping rates, call them up and see what they would recommend...

GCs are the route i'm going...

86LXItooFAST4me
11-29-2004, 01:54 PM
call up koni?? damn, i guess i should have thought of that, lol. but GC sound good. thanks for the info dude!

Vanilla Sky
11-29-2004, 02:50 PM
no, call up GC... if i'm not mistaken, they actually test using actual cars, meaning that they tested thier kit on a real 3gee, so i would ventuer that the GC kit for the 3gee is almost perfect for us, unless you are doing racing, and by racing, i mean racing...

86LXItooFAST4me
11-29-2004, 02:55 PM
oohhhh, ill call GC then.but ill probly just go with GCs then. thanks again dude.

ACE_14
11-29-2004, 11:27 PM
I haven't heard too much about them, but Weapon-R's Pro-Circuit dual spring coil-overs are supposed to be pretty good.

Busted_Blue
11-30-2004, 03:50 AM
i still say GC with custom rates with koni is the best route for us.

my question though:

how come the konis dont fit on stock springs? I had them on stock springs and it worked fine. You need a nice spring compressor in order to tighten the top hat but thats pretty much it. oh well since you are going the lowering route anyways.

86LXItooFAST4me
11-30-2004, 06:55 AM
there is no spring stop for the stock springs on the koni's. id have to cut the ones off the stock struts and weld them on the koni's.

see the round spring stops on these:http://www.rennenmotors.com/ebay/images/tokico_hp.jpg

koni's:
http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/00/ec/f1/97_1.JPG

i dont have the silver stops you see there.

i got mine used and i guess he needed them cuz i didnt get them. and im trying to figure out who i got them from, it was a 3G member. IF YOUR READING THIS PM ME, lol.

86LXItooFAST4me
11-30-2004, 07:01 AM
I haven't heard too much about them, but Weapon-R's Pro-Circuit dual spring coil-overs are supposed to be pretty good.

man i saw those weapon Rs but they look like they are stiff as hell, but i like the 2pring idea. anyone have any details on these? like i said im more than likely going to go with the ground controls but i was just curious on the Weapon Rs.

bobafett
11-30-2004, 07:11 PM
ground controls with konis are very nice. i actually have tokicos in the rear, since stock 86-89 accord ground control springs are only 250lbs in the rear. it handles pretty well, and rides good enough... :) i reccomend them highly

Busted_Blue
11-30-2004, 07:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/crazyxzer0/DC%20Sports%20header/6cce1bfa.jpg

see the koni in the background, yea...it has a perch...wtf?

86LXItooFAST4me
12-01-2004, 06:56 AM
mine dont have them, mine have the brake line brackets and all but no "perch" :dunno:

UofACATS
12-02-2004, 12:16 AM
there is no spring stop for the stock springs on the koni's. id have to cut the ones off the stock struts and weld them on the koni's.

koni's:
http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/00/ec/f1/97_1.JPG

i dont have the silver stops you see there.

i got mine used and i guess he needed them cuz i didnt get them. and im trying to figure out who i got them from, it was a 3G member. IF YOUR READING THIS PM ME, lol.

Don't I feel like a jerk? lol Hey dude, I do have these (whoops) My bad on that, I guess I thought the perches were from the stock struts. Guess not. Gimme your address again, I'll mail them.