PDA

View Full Version : ECU not throwing any codes?

HC_LXi
11-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Today i was gonna check if my ecu was throwing any codes and when i check it stays ON all the time.my car is an 89' LXi any help would be nice :thumbup:

mmsmotorsports
11-30-2004, 06:24 AM
Thats an easy one.. I have an 89 Lxi also and all you will need to do is pull the cover off the box, check for bad wiring, clean around connections , then reset and see what happens...that should fix it, a friend of mine had a prob like that on an 87 lxi and that did it

superdesi
12-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Today i was gonna check if my ecu was throwing any codes and when i check it stays ON all the time.my car is an 89' LXi any help would be nice :thumbup:
So the red L.E.D. light stays on continously?

HC_LXi
12-07-2004, 04:50 PM
So the red L.E.D. light stays on continously?
Yep

shepherd79
12-08-2004, 04:36 AM
the light should not stay on all the time. it should be off when the car is running.
let the car warm up and look under the seat, if the light is still light up, you need new ECU, or something is wrong with wirring.

PS. on the pictures, i don't see the black box and all the vacuum lines. that could be your problem.

HC_LXi
12-08-2004, 08:33 AM
the light should not stay on all the time. it should be off when the car is running.
let the car warm up and look under the seat, if the light is still light up, you need new ECU, or something is wrong with wirring.

PS. on the pictures, i don't see the black box and all the vacuum lines. that could be your problem.

I have the black box and all the vacuums connected so i think that i need a new ecu :ugh2: .Thanks for the help