PDA

View Full Version : 15" 16" 17" whats the best?

Red88Hatch
07-30-2002, 12:25 AM
what do you guys think is the best suitable size of rims for our cars? some people say 15 because of cost and tire wear, but 17 just looks so much more badass, i also heard that with 17"s you need to change something with the suspension or something?? i was thinking of getting some enkie rims for cheap and wanted to know the best size suitable! thanks

Mike89Accordcom
07-30-2002, 01:04 AM
I would go with either 16" or 17". Those 2 sizes are the best and most workable. They will look good with your car lowered. If you get rims just get your alignment and you'll be good to go for a while.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-30-2002, 01:13 AM
I do think that 17's do look the best and as long as you run 205/40-17 size tires you don't need to do anything to the car, provinding your suspension is in good repair. And I would not want to experience 17's and stiff springs and weak struts, yuk! And with only about a inch of sidewall height, your going to experience some ride harshness. And weight is a problem, it will be expensive and hard to find 17's that will be as lite as the oem rims, 16-18lbs. It's a little easier to find them in 16" If you go 15" you can go lower in weight than oem pretty easily. BTW, most all enkie rims are on the heavy side. Lighter is better.

17's do look great, but they do have some drawbacks, wheather or not those drawbacks mean anything to you, is for you to figure out. I've got other reason's for not getting 17's, but to explain would take to much time. You could compromise with 16's.