PDA

View Full Version : car was red tagged by state patrol

FatDave
11-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Well, i guess my time with my current 3rd gen has come to an end, driving home from work this morning i was pulled over for "excessive noise complaints"
it seems people in a neighborhood i drive through dont like my car. or the noise it makes, the office said he had gotten a few complaints about my car, well as the cop was looking at my car is seems he didnt like the windshield being cracked, or the exhuast work, or the mods or the fact its missing a fender at the moment, i explained that i would replace the fender the moment i got home, well that wasnt good enough and he started to question my state safety inspection, well after an hour of standing in the cold while he figured out what to do, and writing 5 tickets (one for the windshield, one for no seat bealt, one for the exhuast, one for "non-emission equitment", and one for no proof of insurance (i have insurance, but couldnt find the card) he told me to find a ride home and i'd have to leave the car and find a tow truck within 24 hours or have the car towed at my cost and impounded, well i called a friend and went and sat for a couple of hours then went and drove the car home. i have to take my car to state patrol regonial head quaters and have their techs inspect the car, within 3 days (!!) i cant fix all those things in 3 days, so as of this afternoon i wont be driving my hatch having already sold the Se-i im down to my girlfriends truck and a prelude i cant get a title on, so as of now im out of a 3rd gen and rather pissed about this the only decent thing is my plates were up in december anyway, but now i cant get it legal again, if i was to have my friend slap an inspection sticker on it he could get in all kinds of trouble, he's freaking out but i told him i'd tell them those things werent wrong with it when he inspected it i went through this crap on my 74 oldsmobile and it was mint!. it saddness me that i'll be out my 3rd gens, but what the hell its just a car, right? :sadwave:

Vanilla Sky
11-29-2004, 01:42 PM
after that 3 days, you would just have to reregister the car... go ahead and fix what's wrong with it, and when you get it done, take it in and have them inspect it... after that, you should be fine...

ciccmga
11-29-2004, 01:42 PM
sorry to hear that! missery must have gotten hard on their inspections since I left. so what are you gonna do with it now? sell? If so,how much?

FatDave
11-29-2004, 02:21 PM
when it fails inspection they will make me surrender my tags and make me tow the car home, so,im taking borrowing a flatbed for the afternoon when they get under the car and see the rust damage to the subframe and floors they will freak, the car isnt worth the trouble to fix the things that are wrong with it i knew it would come to this, but i thought it would be the emissions testing that got me, i still have all that stuff, but im not going to buy a windshield and spend a week southern-engineering the rust problems, im already looking at another hatch with a clean body and bad tranny. i might keep the car around for the "bumble bee" races at the dirt tracks seeing as there isnt many useful parts on the car, besides the rear disk converstion but those are spoken for, i might just take the $75 from the junkyard and call it good, no clue my head is still spinning from all this crap

AccordEpicenter
11-29-2004, 04:23 PM
weird... I have an open downpipe and ive never had a cop bother me about it... somtimes they as where my muffler is though 8:

SiR
11-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Move to Florida, thats my answer to all your problems. (No Inspections, No Snow!!!!)

od2681
11-29-2004, 04:31 PM
man that cop is messed up
what a fag

Vanilla Sky
11-29-2004, 04:36 PM
rooz, you may be right, but we do have salt in the air, and quite a bit of industrial pollution...

88Accord-DX
11-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Damn FatDave, that is some b.s. Well, sounds like you better go to court and get that no insurance ticket straightened out before your looking at some more cash to pay the f*ckers. Do you live in the same state as me? (Missouri)