PDA

View Full Version : battery light lights when at 3,000rpm

NeoCloud
11-29-2004, 05:59 PM
I need help,i have reconnected all my vacuum lines correctly,and filled all fliuds to the correct levels,but my battery light lights when i hit about 3,000 rpms,my negative terminal from the battery is not connected to the starter bracket,could this be the problem?

TheSummoner101
11-29-2004, 06:31 PM
most likely is it. check all your connections on the battery. check all 3 ground cables. have your charging system checked out at a local auto parts store. should be free.

Vanilla Sky
11-29-2004, 06:37 PM
your engine isn't grounded well enough... make sure all of the grounds are attached... that's your problem...

NeoCloud
11-30-2004, 06:13 AM
lol,im a dumbass,after connecting the line to the bracket,it started then shut off,maybe its cause there is no gas in the tank,lmfao.And Summoner,what do you mean by all 3,where do the other grounds exist...I see one going from the battery to a bracket underneath the battery,then it goes to the starter bracket.Are you referring to the ground that is connected to the top of the valve cover ,the third bolt one to the right ,then to the body by the headlight on the frame?and where is the third ground i dont know where you are talking about,I cant find it.I also have some carb adjustment probs whenever u guys can get back to me.The screws for throttle and air fuel mixture are rusted and stuck a little,but I need to know how far away the screws end is supposed to be from the bracket/lever/plate,mainly the air/fuel screw,I know how to adjust the throttle screw,but the air fuel screw is not really doing anything cause the screw end isnt even near the lever plate,is this normal considering i can smell gas,and am burning rich i think.?Also I just now noticed that the battery light lights when i try to start the car,but only if I try to gas it a little,if I dont gas it,the light goes off,slowly and dimmy.By the way its the 88 Accord DX Hatchback,and its worth saving to me.lol.(I also messed up in the initial thread post by saying the negative terminal is not connected to the starter bracket,when it should actually be connected to the bracket below the starter,the one with a cable running through it,correct me if im wrong)

NeoCloud
11-30-2004, 12:16 PM
new problem,engine only starts when cold,when I let it warm up for 5 minutes or less,it shut off and sputters when I try to start it again,please someone has an answer for me,I know one of u does,lol.

Vanilla Sky
11-30-2004, 02:36 PM
make sure your choke is functioning properly... that would be the first thing i would check... make sure you check the coolant, fuel pump, and fuel filters, too... go ahead and replace the fuel filters... $10 and 20 minutes gets the filters replaced...

where are you located?

TheSummoner101
11-30-2004, 04:03 PM
what do you mean by all 3,where do the other grounds exist...
valve cover, transmission cover and one near the passenger side wheel well

carotman
11-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Could be the alternator brushed that make contact sometimes and sometimes not... but if a ground is missing... that's the 1st thing to check.

NeoCloud
12-01-2004, 04:40 AM
taking carb problems(or fuel) to carb tech,thanks summoner I found the third ground,thank all of you,if you wanna help with my carb or whatever it is,c me in carb tech,thanks.

accordlxi2.0
12-01-2004, 08:33 AM
if the engine shuts off once it warms up...
you have a loose vacuum line somewhere on the pass. side i belive...