PDA

View Full Version : Need some info on Flowmaster mufflers.

Reptile
11-30-2004, 09:15 PM
I am trying to decide if my Project Ultimate 3G is going to have a flowmaster 50 or 60 series muffler. I have a few questions though, how much louder than stock are both of these mufflers and which one will give me the biggest performance boost?

I ask this because I prefer quieter cars and I really like the stock 3G sound. I want a performance muffle, but not one that is going to cause me to go deaf or get into trouble with the law.

Any help is appreciated.

Reptile
11-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Oh and if it matters here is as far as I have gotten with the mods I know I want.

Project Ultimate 3G

Kalminari body kit
KA90501 Accord 4-Dr Kit* $885.00

Pilot Spoiler Part number WS811B or WS811C.

http://www.hondiscountparts.com/performance/

Pacesetter Headers and exhaust kit.

Part number 72C1250 $291.37 and 881416 $208.11

Weapon R CAI.

Part Number 801128101 $119.32

Flowmaster 50/60 Series Get 2.25 exhaust though

Justin86
12-01-2004, 03:32 PM
ok don't get the pasesetter exhaust have a local shop do it. 60 series will be more quiet deep tone might even add a resnator. Pacesetter I'm not to happy with them, but get the ceramic coated one. That weapon R intake is a waste of money search for CAI, you can get other accord and teg intakes to fit.

88'er
12-06-2004, 09:38 PM
personally man, i wouldn't go with flowmaster (suckmaster) i haven't heard anyone who liked the performance they got from a flowmaster for the money. plus i think they sound like crap on our cars, flowmaster's heads are into trucks and f bodies! you and i have about the same mods minus the body kit, i think weapon r is fine, yes you do sacrifice some with a short ram over a cai, you are getting hot air, but more of it, so there is some gain, i just can't risk a cai sucking up water and throwing a rod, so i opt'd away from that. i would suggest dynomax, i have a super turbo, its pretty loud though, so i would suggest goin with something like the ultra flow with a reasonator and high flow cat ( i took mine out all together!). good luck man!