PDA

View Full Version : Need some speaker help plz...

Mike's89AccordLX
12-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Alright this is for my 94 prelude si. I bought the jdm speakers from someone on ebay one pod sits on the dash and the other mounts in between the 2 rear bucket seats. Now the rear 6x9 subwoofer came with a factory amp. This amp powered the other two rear 6.5" speakers. I have a 600watt amp powering the front 6.5's and the rear 6.5's. now since this 6x9" speaker will be in the center how should I wire this? I don't really want to use the factory amp. And my 4 channel 600watt amp only has 4 speaker connections. Would I be able to add that 6x9 speaker without causing weird sound? And if I just added the 6x9 speaker wires to another speakers connector on the amp would that be safe for the amp?

I would love to use both of the 6x9" audiobahns I bought but there is simply no where to put another one without cutting up the seats.

Basically I want to know how I should wire in this center speaker without having a center speaker connection on my amp.

Please help me out this is really the only thing I need help with. Stereo systems is a nice thing to put money into :)

4 tweeters and 2 speakers in the front, 3 speakers in the back, 2 big subs in the trunk, 2 amps, 1 2.0 farad digital capacitor, flipout tv monitor = me driving and blasting pron dvds ;)

I have 5 gallons of spectrum v2 and 60 sq. ft. of sound deading mat to put into that car so it will just rock and not rattle :)

-Mike

shepherd79
12-03-2004, 05:58 AM
i would just find some small amp that can power that sub.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-03-2004, 07:11 AM
I talked with my boss at work and he said that I could run speaker wires from both left and right rears to the 6x9" speaker. He said that way it wont be right or left it will be both. It would take some power away from the 6.5's in back but that's ok. I just ordered a pair of 2.5" Audiobahn tweeters for the front :)

Would wiring up the 6x9" speaker be ok like that? I don't know if I have room for another amp right now until I make a custom sub box and trunk surround.

-Mike

TheSummoner101
12-03-2004, 07:34 AM
I talked with my boss at work and he said that I could run speaker wires from both left and right rears to the 6x9" speaker. He said that way it wont be right or left it will be both. It would take some power away from the 6.5's in back but that's ok. I just ordered a pair of 2.5" Audiobahn tweeters for the front :)

Would wiring up the 6x9" speaker be ok like that? I don't know if I have room for another amp right now until I make a custom sub box and trunk surround.

-Mike
yes, it is okay to do it that way, it WILL take away power from your 6.5" and you will notice a little less thump.

it is called bridging i think. both wires go to the first speaker, then both from the speaker go to the next speaker. (get a confirmation on this b4 doing it)

note, as your boss said, to take wires from the both sides, so to keep the sound balanced, that seems like a logical thing to do; so when wiriging the 6x9 ur gonna have to "twist" the two positive wires and hook to positive terminal, and same wid neutral (balck) wires.

good luck! :)

Mike's89AccordLX
12-03-2004, 10:20 AM
I will solder them I solder almost all my electrical connections. That way I dont have to worry about a loose connector.

-Mike

TheSummoner101
12-03-2004, 12:37 PM
I will solder them I solder almost all my electrical connections. That way I dont have to worry about a loose connector.

-Mike
good job :thumbup: i have the soldering iron, but too lazy. besides i didn't wanna solder them in cuz i wasn't sure if it would work and/or sound good at first.