PDA

View Full Version : front turn signals

Koopsta
12-03-2004, 02:44 PM
i was wondering if there is any way i can hook up my turn signals to come on when i click on my corner lights :ugh2:

HondaBoy
12-03-2004, 03:49 PM
yeah, the easiest way i can think is to splice the wire's on the corner light and run wire off it to a new socket for a 1157 bulb. thats the dual filament like in the tail lights. i thought about doing this myself. but now i have LED's in my bumper lights. anyway, you can either modify a tail light socket or buy a new one to put in there. i think you'll have to cut out some of the back of the light housing. that's the easiest way i can think to do this the right way.

POS carb
12-16-2004, 06:51 PM
there are 2 ways... dual-fillament as mentioned or get a relay and hook it up to trigger the flash whenever the orange sidemarker flashes (use the relay or you risk ruining the control box in the car)

I've done both, with the dual-fillament I had the low watt hooked up to the grey sidemarkers next to the headlight and the high watt to the bumper blinker wires. I had to work the brake socket a bit to make it fit in the hole but it locked... glued it a bit too for moisture. This worked nicely until I got a rock through one of the lights

Then I used a standard blinker with the relays inside. The bulb was on whenever the lights were on and they blinked off when I'd use the turn signal. Everything was cool until the housings started to melt.