PDA

View Full Version : Please help me decide which tire ! ?

ACCORD EX
12-04-2004, 10:07 AM
hii everybody !

i am running on stock RIMS ! with a size of 185/70 R13
please vote for which tyre you think best !!
please don't suggest other tyres !( due to market avialability around here )

i appreciate your help thanx !

Mike !

ACCORD EX
12-04-2004, 10:12 AM
forgot to mention ! that
H speed rated is 210 Km/h
T speed rated is 190 Km/h

thanx a lot for your help !

88eyeguy
12-04-2004, 04:00 PM
for stock rims, if you got the cash, go for michelins. the pirelli's even though the best tires ever made are too much tire for our cars unless your runnin 250 hp or more.

TheSummoner101
12-04-2004, 06:07 PM
i'd say anything that gives good milage. i generally dont care for name brand on my honda. michlins are great tires, had em on my dad's car (still on there; he rearely drives his car) but i think they're for people who want great ride/good name brand/and who want the best money can buy (in luxury). pirelli's are good too had them on my mom's corolla. shit last long and work great.

Oldblueaccord
12-05-2004, 04:28 AM
Are you looking for handling ? Or millage ?

Why arent any others avail able in your area. Edit: ok read your web site.

I run falken azneis sport 205/50 /15 there $60 a piece thats pretty cheap.

Just got a set of Kuhmo exstas MX there $82 I think. Both handle real well.

The had 14" rims steel you could prolly find them in a junkyard pretty easy.

I get my tires here www.tirerack.com

wp

smufguy
12-05-2004, 07:23 AM
i wont get goodyear if i was you. they used to be awsome tires, but the stock replacements they got these days just dont stand up to their name anymore. The eagles are good, but its not what we are talking about here. friend of mine has continental contitracs on his STI, handles good during snow and rain and not half bad. but again, its not the model here. i have heard nothing bad about bridgestones so go for it and Pirellies, well i like them too, i had them on my car before (P700) even tho they were old and beat up, they were good only problem is that they deteriorate fast towards the end of the lifetime. And despite their tread rating (400) they were the softest all season i have ever had on my car. The tires i got now are 440.

od2681
12-05-2004, 09:46 AM
i have kumhos.....i guess they might be good
paid 200 for em
sorry just saw your dont give new brands...so ignore my mesage

ACCORD EX
12-05-2004, 01:48 PM
no one for the aqautred ?
so as i see it is between pirelli and michilin !

well i am looking for average milage and handling specially on DRY ground !
because my bridgestones now slide like %^$&$%& !

thanx a lot guys !
more feedbacks are more than welcome !

Mike !

Oldblueaccord
12-05-2004, 03:13 PM
How are the roads like where you live are they all dirt? Paved?

The tread wear rating here in the states is a way to rate how long a tire will last mileage wise. You can use that number to judge how well a tire will stick. Its printed on the side of tire here in the states.

The 2 tires I mentioned have a rating about 200, thats pretty soft. Racing tires(slicks) are under 100 usually. Tires on your Grandmas car 400 and above.

I like the Aqua tread type tire the usually handle pretty well and of course handle rain very well.

wp

ACCORD EX
12-06-2004, 06:11 AM
i am getting more and more confused !

the roads here are asphalt ! but not very good done ! and no need for wet traction
does it rain that much and doesn't snow at all !
what i want in the tire is >
Low noise , comfortable ride , average milage and aver dry handling !

thanx !

mike !

Oldblueaccord
12-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Use that www.tirerack.com and do your research. They have alot of info on differant tires. You dont have too buy from them.

wp

smufguy
12-07-2004, 12:52 PM
mike. Bridgestones have less tire noice. THe bad thing is, our car is very poorly insultated. Even tho i got shitty $20 tires on mine, they grip alright. But the road noice is horrible and my tires are not any of the ones u mentioned. from the exprience with michillin and pirellies, i would say either of them are good choice since they have little to no road noice.

ACCORD EX
12-07-2004, 02:16 PM
well the michilin's are pretty expensive !
i think i 'll get the pirelli's !

thanx a lot !

Mike !