PDA

View Full Version : Got New Pop-Up Assemblies for Cheap!

HondaBoy
12-04-2004, 02:21 PM
ok, i thought i might as well look at this old 3gee the junkyard has in the back. its been sittin there for a long time, and i can see nobody has touched it. i was going to get the hood, but now its bent in a spot, so forget that. the headlights on my car are a little off because they had got hit a long time ago. the ones on this car were almost perfect. so i pulled em off and got em for $20. i think thats a good deal. thats for the whole assembly minus the motors which werent there anyway. now i just need to clean them up and paint them to match my car. i'll probley use the lid part from my car so i dont have to paint it. i was going to try makeing something with the other lids so i can mount some projector lights where the eye brow thing goes.

HondaBoy
12-04-2004, 05:49 PM
here's what i got. 2 pop up assemblies complete without motors. i just washed them because they were really dirty. now they need to be taken apart, take any surface rust off, prime and paint, then i can put them on the car. these are pretty hard to find that havent been messed up somehow. they usually have damage to the braket or something from getting hit. hoods are also hard to find in good strait condition.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/347392_351_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/347392_352_full.jpg

TheSummoner101
12-04-2004, 06:14 PM
kewl good find...on my car one is a bit messed up, but i dont mind aslong as they light up the road fine :)

HondaBoy
12-05-2004, 12:55 AM
yeah, i just dont like how they dont line up right. not even readjusting helps because the braket thats bolted to the car was a little bent. hopefully it'll look good when i get done with them. as for the hood, its dented too. people always say, just fix it. but its more complicated than that. there's a dent yeah, but the part where the grill is is bent inward and wont pull out to align with the headlights. i'm considering getting the CF hood i find on ebay. there's one seller that sounds legit and is from the place where procarparts.com is out of. and the shipping is slightly more reasonable. anyway, i just want the front end to look really nice and strait when i get it all fixed up.