PDA

View Full Version : light question

Coy
12-05-2004, 02:02 AM
did the 3g accords come with the sidemarker that goes between the foor and the wheel well? i havent seen any on anypics, but im not always too sure what country the vehicle in looking at is from.

Mattphi
12-06-2004, 10:03 PM
i dont think any came with those sidemarkers...it is an after market thing

88accordalltheway
12-06-2004, 10:07 PM
it came with the aeordeck and some jdm accords. Never USDM unfortunatly...

TheSummoner101
12-06-2004, 10:45 PM
yea, i dont think they came in the USDM's. if u notice, when the turn signal is on, the front bumper signal goes off first, then the corner light (near the headlight) goes off....so i think those take care of the purpose of sidemarkers (to notify a car next to you, that can't see the back lights, that your about to merge in lane or turn)

i would be a great addition to any car, but im too lazy to drill, and actually mess around with my fenders.

Coy
12-06-2004, 11:40 PM
i new that they wouldnt be on a USDM car, but i wasnt sure if the EDM or JDM versions came with them either.

ive got some JDM 6g civic clear sidemarkers and im planning on putting them on mine (and making them work correctly) and i prefered to put them in the factory slot if they ever came on accords. apearantly not, so ill use the measurement from all the other hondas to place them where they should be if they where there

Mattphi
12-07-2004, 07:58 AM
ohhh word...look at that, i learn somethin new everyday haha

Coy
12-07-2004, 11:55 AM
eh???

HostileJava
12-07-2004, 08:20 PM
eh???

Alright stop posting just to get your count up :thumbup:

Coy
12-07-2004, 08:29 PM
no really, i dont have a clue what matt was talking about...it made absolutely no sence....i think i missed something.

"eh?" was the only thing that came to mind, i had just gotten outta bed.

smufguy
12-07-2004, 09:15 PM
matt thats one ghetto way to use eruopean cars with the name EDM. ur strange :lol:

quite a few members here including myself have aftermarket sidemarkers on our 3gs and lemme tell u, its helpful, i dont like the way mine looks cause its too bulky, but man....... its bright and it makes sure people see that im turning any time of the day.

Coy
12-07-2004, 09:50 PM
thats the point of me putting them on, i dont know why they dont leave them as a stock item on usdm cars. its really a good idea.
the only thing i dont like about it is ricers put them on and dont make them work, or the always glow and never flash....so i intend to make mine work correctly

TheSummoner101
12-07-2004, 10:01 PM
thats the point of me putting them on, i dont know why they dont leave them as a stock item on usdm cars. its really a good idea.
the only thing i dont like about it is ricers put them on and dont make them work, or the always glow and never flash....so i intend to make mine work correctly
there is a "how-to" for it. u can either connect them to the front bumper turn signals (off, and blink when active) or wire them to the yellow ones near head lights (always on, and blink when active)

good luck. show pix when done!!

Coy
12-07-2004, 10:48 PM
i seen the how to on it, but it wont work the same way on mine since its an 85, both my signals on the front are constant glow and thats not how i want my markers. its gunna take some time and some wire testing after i get them installed

TheSummoner101
12-07-2004, 11:40 PM
i seen the how to on it, but it wont work the same way on mine since its an 85, both my signals on the front are constant glow and thats not how i want my markers. its gunna take some time and some wire testing after i get them installed
oh, almost over looked that. well what comes to my head right after reading is a "not gate". something that will invert the signal of the always on turn signals to default "off" and "blink" when activated. its easier done in circuit design, but dont know if the same concept can be used in the car (problems: voltage difference, no space to put the "not gate").

anyways have fun, and good luck :D

Coy
12-07-2004, 11:58 PM
well, after i made that post i had to go out and replace a few bulbs on the car and it came to my mind that the bumper signal is wired the same way as teh 3g accord(three wires), so i can wire it the same way...so the hard part is already done.

but thanks for putting some thought into it