PDA

View Full Version : round taillights.........

3rdgenSLIMER
07-30-2002, 01:49 PM
did he ever post a link or anything for a how-to for the round taillights? cause i really really like them, and i want to do it. i forgot who it was that did it!

A20A1
07-31-2002, 12:53 AM
Was this ment to be a reply?

killerb09
07-31-2002, 04:04 AM
it ain't that hard to do..all you really need is a set of round truck lights...or somethign similar adn a big ass hole saw to match teh size of teh lights mounting part...
grab the stock lights...cut the hole in teh plastic with the saw....install the new lights adn make teh wiring connections(you'll have to figure out this one)
tehn paint the plastic parts with some quality colour matched paint to your car....minus the reverse lights...
or at least thats how I'd do it..

A20A1
07-31-2002, 08:29 PM
I've already figured out the wiring... the only trouble is that you have only 2 function for each light and since you need 1 brake and 1 turn signal you have to choose which light gets which function... as for the tail driving lights I let all 4 lights come on.

that way it looks better at night.
The corvette however has some 3-way function where all lights will be on while driving go brighter when you brake and flash when you turn.

I need to buy the relay to see if I can hook it up.
and don't use a saw... buy a dremmel and use the highest speed with a fine cutting bit... a course bit will cause the plastic to vibrate and it will crack the lense... I learned that the hard way.

Shagen
08-03-2002, 08:52 AM
Thats a good Idea, I had a really ghetto Idea. Buy some black sticky vinal and cut your holes in it then stick it over the lenses. That way you match the black trim and have round tail lights. YOu could even have tails in the shape of the honda h or what ever else your crazy brain can come up with