PDA

View Full Version : Interesting battery light.

my86dx4dr
12-06-2004, 03:02 PM
So my friend (well kinda) Bought an 88lx 4door and the only thang weird with it is.. The battery light is on. the car was bought like this about 4 months ago. and still to this day the car has no problems but the battery light

My mechanic did a full check of the car for any problems after she bought it because she bought it with bad rod bearings. she got screwed. but she fixed the motor. (dealer replaced them for free) But my mechanic says the battery is charging. at like 14.4v or somethin and the alt has even more charge. This battery light is mysterious. it has turned off before... during the summer we were racing from detroit oregon to gresham and i guess it turned off when she was doing like 115mph and stayed at that speed for well over 10 mins. the light turned off and then came back on.

Another time it turned off was when we went to seattle/bremerton and stayed the night on some beach. we all woke up and she turned the car on. the light was off.. it ran fine. she went to take off and the light came right back on. My mechanic said he checked the grounds. and fuses. theyr all fine! Im fuckin lost! :stupid:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
12-06-2004, 08:26 PM
The battery warning light sometimes comes on because of a faulty electrical choke on the carburator. Try disconnecting the choke powersource and see if the light goes out. If it does, change the choke/carburator.