PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

RobbyKlotz
12-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Well tonight at 5pm I toatled my 89 LX. Lady pulled out in front of me and stopped, I didnt have time to slow down and slammed into her driver side rear quarter panel. I just got out of the hospital, and haven't gotten to see my car. All I know is I busted the windshield with my head, the radiator is busted and something caught on fire under the hoold. I will try to get some pictures.

I have to wait 3 days to get the police report, but everyone at the wreck said it was her fault.

May be time to get a newer model

88accordalltheway
12-06-2004, 10:06 PM
dude!!!! i hope your alright. Fuck man that sucks so bad were all here for ya man!!! I hear somthin callin your name though, its in the distance......se-i, se-i, SE-I!!!! Man did you get stiches in your head or what? Pain killers are the only way to go man, feel better.

zero.counter
12-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Glad to hear you are ok. I am sorry to hear about the whole situation. Just remember, everything happens for a reason.

RobbyKlotz
12-06-2004, 10:18 PM
You know man, not a scratch on my forehead, as i was going foreward, the sunvisor came down and provided a slight barrier between my head and the window... The one time i wear my seat belt, and it didnt lock in place like its supposed to...

I'm alive, thats all that matters. Once I am 100% sure its her fault, I gotta hit up her insurance company for medical and work reimbursment

TheSummoner101
12-06-2004, 10:54 PM
glad to hear ur okay man. i'd beat the living crap out of a person if cuz of them i total my 3g :S i hate stupid drivers!

well i guess u can call it luck that the sunvisor came down to protect ur noodle. and thats great that ur looking at the better side, and appricating what u still got, your life.

if u got witnesses, then weather she claims it's her fault or not, take all neccessary actions man.

a lot of times, the insurance will try to bend u over and screw u from behind. sayin that ur car is old and all the jiberish. jus tell them u need a "as reliable" car as your 3g was. and that to replace your 3g with such a car, it is going to cost you accordingly. i'd say get them to pay ur medical and work reimbursment, and about 5k$ for a new(er) car :D

3gn86lxi
12-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Glad to hear your o.k. But thesummoner101's right. make sure you get yours from the insurance. I know with our older cars, they will say it's not worth anything. BUT what will it cost you to relace it with something equally as reliable??
And don't sign ANYTHING!!!! At least untill you are satisfied with what they are going to do for you.
Anyway....your health is most important, and we are glad you are not hurt!
:alc:

88Accord-DX
12-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Good thing your ok man, thank GOD you had the seatbelt on. There was a reason why you put it on this "one" time guy. Someone above is looking out for you! Everything happens for a reason.
Yeah, make sure you get all your medical bills payed for by her insurance along with a settlement for your car. The thing is, like 101 mentioned, insurance company is going to see how old the car is & give you "blue book" value for it. Hopefully you had some insurance too, for police purposes. Let us know if you came out on top with the settlement. This year has been a bad year for the 3g getting wrecked for myself & alot of members. Crazy

Moodybluesr
12-07-2004, 02:57 AM
Good to hear you're alright... if you want to buy another 3Geez with the insurance money keep me in mind. It's possible I could even meet you halfway if you didn't want to drive that far. :D

BlueBead
12-07-2004, 03:08 AM
crappy man; I know how that feels!
Don't sign anything with the Insurance Company.. get a lawyer and get your $$$. Lots of spinal injuries don't show up right away and if you sign off on the insurance you're screwed. I'm doing this for the second time; and I know the best thing to do is to get a good lawyer ASAP. before even talking to the insurance co.
Good luck man!

RobbyKlotz
12-07-2004, 05:36 AM
I'm not signing anything yet. I told that old woman she better be glad I was strapped to a board because I was about to beat the tee total snot out of her. I am going to at least try to get money for car and work and medical bills. I am going to try and buy the car back from the insurance company. I love my little honda. I may get a newer one, but i will try to get mine back or another one. thanks guys for the good thoughts, really makes me feel better

AccordEpicenter
12-07-2004, 11:16 AM
i just hope the cops/insurance co see that it wasnt your fault... fuck people who pull out in front of other people

NXRacer
12-07-2004, 12:19 PM
glad you're OK. cars are replaceable, life and limbs arent.

accordlxi2.0
12-07-2004, 02:34 PM
man that seat belt and visor was deffenatly a sign from the man above.
i know how it feels man...
when i seen that damn wall i blanked out...well i screamed like a bitch at first ,..lol..but i blacked out did'nt feel or hear anything.

that woman was so at fault....
but glad you did'nt get hurt.

88accordhb
12-07-2004, 04:06 PM
o man glad youre ok, that's the only thing that matters. but still hope everything works out for you, my hopes and prayers.

pimp86LX
12-07-2004, 05:08 PM
glad you're OK. cars are replaceable, life and limbs arent.

sorry to bust off on a tangent here, but man I think it'd be hella cool to have some sort of robot, ninja killing, infra red heat seaking missle launching, monkey navigated prostetic arm or something.

That'd be sweet.

p.s. I'm sick and all dopped up. If i read this later and it appears jibberish im sorry.

RobbyKlotz
12-07-2004, 05:30 PM
You can see exactly where i hit the corner of her bumpber which shows she was diagnonal across the road.

Its not as bad as I thought it would be.

http://www.delchat.net/car/1.jpg http://www.delchat.net/car/2.jpg
http://www.delchat.net/car/3.jpg http://www.delchat.net/car/4.jpg

accordlxi2.0
12-07-2004, 08:01 PM
umm how fast were you going, homey....
it looks drivable to me....

RobbyKlotz
12-07-2004, 08:04 PM
35, 40 at most... cant drive it, radiator busted, oil coming from somewhere, tow truck company wouldnt really let me check anything. plus i cant hardly get the doors open

accordlxi2.0
12-07-2004, 08:11 PM
it look like the powersteering cooler line.
i see at the top where it's dented so yea that'll bust the rad.
and the fender probably is the problem when you open the door.
damn that messed upbut 30-40mph no offense.....that's not bad i thought it would've been 15-20mph.
you were lucky to walk out with just some bruises...
even though they sometime's seem like a one time use, thing but they do there job...and i have to admit my 86' did a DAMN good job.....
are you gonna sell it or keep it..

88accordalltheway
12-07-2004, 08:21 PM
damage dosent seem that bad unless you remember that the crack in the windshield came from you noggin. i bet theres somthing majorly wrong under the hood though. If i were you id see if i could fix it first, maybe doin an engine swap if the engine is toast.

RobbyKlotz
12-07-2004, 09:18 PM
if the insurance company says its totaled, then i may see what they want to sell it back to me for. If the price is right, I may look at efi and manual tranny swap

smufguy
12-07-2004, 09:20 PM
one thing is certain, u cant use this car anymore. Why? cause ur frame is bent. if u look at my accident pics, which is funny cause my car was the same color as yours, i hit a bridge and not a car. well anyways, the bumper would not line up and what not. Do know this was not the decision of a body shop, but mine, cause I could not fix it, so i dumped it. I could have given it to the body shop and gotten it fixed for about 2K, way more than what the car was worth.

but since its her fault, u can try and ask the insurance company to pay for the fixation of ur car. But with the age of the car given, they might just pay the current value, which can be still good cause u can get a different one and still keep this car, stip the shit outta it and keep some spare parts or sell it and make some money.

Low Tek
12-09-2004, 01:29 PM
sorry about the car.. lucky you are ok. everyone has a point, the car can be redone, or even replaced..