PDA

View Full Version : Question about selling/titleing car.

pendejo
12-07-2004, 12:12 AM
So, I need to get rid of the 3G before I dump more money into it. Problem is, I never got the title transferred into my name because the guy I bought it from didn't sign it(dumbass). The night I bought it, the title, bill of sale, and $200 cash all took a swim in the washer and it's a little worn. Now, I finally got it signed, but he didn't date it, or write down the mileage. I don't really have the $$ to get it transfered, so I'm wondering if it is possible to sell it "legally" with the title the way it is? Oh, and it's an Oregon vehicle. Thanks fellow 3G'ers!

AccordEpicenter
12-07-2004, 11:15 AM
nobody cares about the milage... make somthing up or dont put anything on it... just write the date on it... if he signed it no biggie.

pendejo
12-07-2004, 08:52 PM
So I can just sell it without transfering and the next owner won't have a problem titeling the vehicle?

87accordlxi
12-07-2004, 08:57 PM
If he signed it, then I would just try writing in the date and approximate mileage. Then take it to the bureau of motor vehicles, they should print you a new title when it gets transferred to your name. Don't try anything shady or stupid like just selling the car to someone else and letting them worry about it because it will just come back to be a pain in your ass again. And if you're asking if you can sell a car that is not officially in your name, then no you cannot.

hondamanlxi
12-07-2004, 09:24 PM
edit: this is the cheap, less legal route...

actually, if YOU havent signed it in any way, you can right a bill of sale and sign it w/ his name! Of course, thats coming from an alabamain lol.