PDA

View Full Version : How do i take off the speaker covers?

87lxaccord
12-07-2004, 07:24 PM
In the rear ther are speaker covers but no screws like the front ones.. How do i take it off?

Ludi Mali
12-07-2004, 07:34 PM
from in the trunk, underneath there are screws for teh cover and bolts for the rest of it.

88accordalltheway
12-07-2004, 09:11 PM
yea, go into the trunk and look up at where the speakers are and youll see 3 nuts, i think there 8mm or 10mm not sure. After that its just screws.

TheSummoner101
12-08-2004, 01:08 AM
yea honda saftey faetures:
1. gay looking carpet so no1 supsects good speakers underneath
2. hard to figure out how to open

well like said b4, u gotta take off 3 "goldish" nuts on the bottom from the trunk. then pull the speaker pod up. careful not to rip the wires, or break off the terminals on the old speaker (speaking from experience) i suggest, while in the trunk, carefully remove the wires connected to the terminals.

once the whole speaker pod is out, u gotta remove the 4 black screws on the bottom side of the box. then three screws holding the speaker itself. what kind of person would spend that much time just to find a crapy 16yr old speaker inside :P gotta love honda.

Ludi Mali
12-08-2004, 03:44 PM
they're 10mm nuts, i found that out when the honda dealer wanted to charge me 2.50 a piece for new ones. i threw them in the guys face and walked over to the hardware store and got them for .15 each.