PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jim, Neuspeeds and GR2s

stgardner
07-30-2002, 05:18 PM
Jim

Do you have any information that would indicate that the KYB GR2s would be able to handle the Neuspeed springs?

Thanks

Scott

accordlx
07-30-2002, 05:45 PM
GR2's are OEM replacement shocks. I wouldnt recommend them myself from personal experience.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-30-2002, 11:28 PM
Well I have reason to believe that the H&R's that I'm running have the same spring rates as the neuspeeds. I tried running Bilstein Heavy Duty struts with them but found out they were to soft. The car bounced over any thing bigger than a small bump. And over ruf pavement, it would chatter and become unsettled. Their's no way the GR-2's are better than those Bilsteins BTW,the neuspeeds are the softest spring you can get for our cars, and from conversations with H&R and Bilstein I've concluded that the H&R's are the same as the Neuspeeds, or really really close. So I can't refer to to another choice to use the GR-2's with other than stock springs.

Thier is a chance tha you might be able to use kyb AGX struts ment for 90-93 integra's. I'd call KYB and ask them to look up the diagram for the gr-2's for your car and the AGX for the 90-93 teg. Find out the length of the strut body, the length of the strut rod when it is compressed and when it is fully extended. If it's close you be able to use them since they'd mount in your pinch fork's just fine and you'd just your strut mount. The AGX is a nice strut for mild springs and they cost less than Koni reds. I'd make the call for you but I pretty busy with my doctor appointments and such. But because I checked those dimensions I found out once and for all that you cannot use 4th gen struts on or cars, they are to tall for our cars, even the shorter bodied sport ones.

guaynabo89
08-01-2002, 11:43 AM
I have the gr2's but don't like them much so I would say stay away. The rear ones seem to handle the back end ok but, the front ones blow!

I have a hatch by the way.

stgardner
08-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Jim

Thanks for the suggestion about using the Integra struts. I'll get with KYB and ask them.

Scott

Jims 86LXI HB
08-02-2002, 08:24 PM
Scott, if they can't come up with the information you need, call Tiffanny at tokico, Jack at Bilstein or Gordon at Koni.

Let me know what you find out.

NeubJ
05-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Any update to this post --
Will the 90-93 agx kyb strut work?
If it will I will be the happiest guy in the world for the moment-

Jims 86LXI HB
05-25-2003, 08:25 PM
Still don't know if they would fit or not. I'm at a disadvantage here since I no longer have a 3rd gen rear strut laying around to do the comparisions to. Every time I go to the junk yard they don't have the right year of civic or teg to pull sturts from to have them in my hands. I did pull a 94 civic struts awhile back and those will not work. I still hold out hope that the 90-93 teg struts might be shorter. 88-91 civic struts are the same as 90-93 teg struts btw, in dimensions that is, valving should be different.

Now that I think about it, I'm positive that mark had a conversation with Koni on this subject and they won't work. I recently ran into the post while researching about Koni revalving prices. I dunno, AGX struts do use a shortened body. Problem is of all the strut makers KYB has the lamest techs, very little info from their computers, or from the computer operator's head:D

BTW, the problem with the 94 civic struts was their travel length is way to long to use. And the body of the strut that would have to sit in the accords suspension's pinch fork was either way to fat or to slim. Either way you wouldn't be able to get the pinch forks bolt to line up to thread. Not something that can become over come. 88-91 civic or 90-93 teg struts could be different.

If I still had my wrecked 3g in the driveway, I'd be in allot better postion to research this.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-25-2003, 08:28 PM
Ya know I wanna add, I'd be really happy to if the AGX struts would work. They'd be a great solution for most of the lowering products we can use. They would not be suffecient for dropzone or skunk2. Those are beyond what AGX's should be used with, IF THEY CAN BE USED that is.

NeubJ
05-26-2003, 01:42 PM
Thanks -for the update-
I just wonder why they make all these Springs and coilovers for our cars but they dont give us much choice in struts to handle them-

I came across a site that listed some struts that with work with our cars -But it didnt give much info on them (brand was Matrix) Plus they said COMING SOON!!

Jims 86LXI HB
05-27-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by NeubJ
Thanks -for the update-
I just wonder why they make all these Springs and coilovers for our cars but they dont give us much choice in struts to handle them-

I came across a site that listed some struts that with work with our cars -But it didnt give much info on them (brand was Matrix) Plus they said COMING SOON!!

Off brands never deliver and always over promise. Avoid them at all costs.

The struts that are made for our cars, kinda follow along with how their's not much support for all the other parts we wish the aftermarket offered. Spring makers have never been concerned about offering springs that don't have sturts to truely work right with. That wouldn't help their sales, or so they think. Plus I'm sure they don't think people like me know the truth.:D

Jims 86LXI HB
05-27-2003, 10:32 AM
BTW, I just created a "important" post telling about how to order Bilstein revalved struts.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18586