PDA

View Full Version : cluch Problem

accord_portugal
12-09-2004, 07:50 AM
Hi. I am new around here , and i registered because i will buy an 89 - 4 door accord.
I have an cluch problem that maybe you can help me to know how to solve it.
The cluch grips in the last milimeter and it slips a litle bit...
My question is: Can i regulate the cluch or i must put a new one?
A friend of mine told me that if it has a cable , i can regulate it , but if it is hidralic (oil) the only thing i can do is to buy and install a new one.
As i am new in this 3 gee stuff , i would like that you tell me both the good and bad points of this car.
I would like also if you can tell me where can i find good places (in the internet) to buy parts for this car, because in Portugal nobody (as far as i know) haves tunning kits (front bumper , rear bumper and lateral skirts) .
So... For now is everything... thanks and see u
:thumbup:
Yose - Portugal

johndej
12-09-2004, 11:21 AM
you can turn a little thing on the clutch cable (search around here for a pic of it) that may help some but it sounds like its pritty much on the way out and that will only last you a bit. check out the FAQ and the HOW TO for some good stuff about your car and how to fix most of the easy bad stuff. oh yeah, does your car have the B20 in it since your in europe?

nswst8
12-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Is located at the the clutch housing just above the clutch lever. The adjustment is no more than 1/4" play on the clutch lever at the Tranny.

Majestic www.hondaautomotiveparts.com I believe. OEM honda parts at a good price.

keruhas184
12-09-2004, 02:46 PM
You might want to replace the cable itself before replacing the clutch. I have a bad clutch, and after replacing the cable the grip improved a bit... so it may help you delay the clutch change if you don't have the time/money to do it right now.