12-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Big brother is watching:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,141048,00.html

MIK3
12-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Only through Arnold...go figure.

TheSummoner101
12-09-2004, 07:36 PM
i say big bs :D altho it does seem like a good idea, to stop ppl from doing stupid stuff in there cars, but c'mon admit it, every1's done stupid stuff in their car at one point or another.

they better put that shit in cop cars aswell if they going to be putting it in "every" car. cops are the worst at breaking laws. servents of the law my a$$. cheap bastards always speed! how about pulling over one of them fu<kers and writing him up huh?

sorry jus hate cops for this month .)

Dr._8t9LX
12-09-2004, 07:51 PM
I was in one of these cars, and the chip in my tooth started talking to the chip in the car. Pretty soon my fillings were playing stars and stripes forever! LOL

You have to remember that driving is a privilege. You can kill other people very easy if you screw up, so being monitered isn't that bad.

What is scary is that the Patriot Act and especially the new Patriat 2 suplement they want to pass will let them moniter anyone at anytime, with no oversite. This means if they don't like something you said, they can easily frame you. i.e. "Look at this data we downloaded from their chip in the car. it says they were at the schene of the crime..." But it could be fake data!! How do you prove your weren't at the schene of the crime? or you could be just driving by and the data tracker fingers you wrongly, so they investigate you.

smufguy
12-09-2004, 10:00 PM
GM had this system installed in the Corvettes two years back and last year when a guy got into an accident, the dealer pulled it off the system. It showed how fast he was going and even when and how he braked. He took GM to court and buncha guys followed him in the law suit. It was viewd as intrusion or privacy and something about not having the owners consent and what not. Well as then, they dont have them on the corvettes and if they do, they let the users know that its there.

This was actually a half hour feature covered in speed channel early last year.

Dr._8t9LX
12-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Way, thats the way it should be. I forgot to mention, they can't survalence without notifying us. That is why county lines and other roads have signs warning,"speed checked by Radar". So they would need some notice, like "accidents will result in your black box data being used against you".

In the other direction, it could be used to prove the accident wasn't your fault to.

Justin86
12-10-2004, 09:40 PM
i say big bs :D altho it does seem like a good idea, to stop ppl from doing stupid stuff in there cars, but c'mon admit it, every1's done stupid stuff in their car at one point or another.

they better put that shit in cop cars aswell if they going to be putting it in "every" car. cops are the worst at breaking laws. servents of the law my a$$. cheap bastards always speed! how about pulling over one of them fu<kers and writing him up huh?

sorry jus hate cops for this month .)

citizens arrest biznatch :thumbup:

smufguy
12-10-2004, 10:26 PM
cheap bastards always speed! how about pulling over one of them fu<kers and writing him up huh?
)

its funny you should say that, Here in Newark NJ, an off duty cop from passaic county was speeding in newark and was pulled over. (newark is in Essex county and its a different county). He was clocked doing 80 in a 55 and was issued a ticked even after knowing he was a cop. The cop that got pulled over was suspended for a few weeks and he was driving a camry.

Well all i could say after reading the local newspaper was.......... DAMN, the cop got owned. lol

od2681
12-11-2004, 09:41 AM
invasion of my god damn privacy....thats all i can say

Dr._8t9LX
12-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Cops are allowed to speed on duty, in order to preform their job. I guess if i was having my house robbed, I would want them to go the speed limits on the way there to save me!! Not! :)

I think they are only allowed to go twice the posted limit. So they hate cars that go over 120 to 140 mph cause they aren't allowed to speed up to catch them.

But off duty, they are fair game. But favors for friends are cool. Someone on here gets free bees cause he serves them pizza!!