PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your stock springs?

jayshonda
12-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I really like the detailed information on the "how tos" Better that any other car forum I've seen.

Ok, about my question: On Ebay there are about a 1000 listings for lowering springs for Hondas. Quite a bit of informaiton on lowering cars is also on this site so I suppose it's a popular thing to do.

But that's not my thing, besides at my age and size I would look silly trying to get in and out. It's already too low, maybe a result of cracked springs which I hear is pretty typical.

So, I want to replace the springs cheap (which is my middle name). Someone out there has to be buying different springs and maybe has some stock ones laying around gathering dust. If someone has a pair (not cracked) stock springs for the front of an 89 LXI, 5 speed, I would like to make an offer. If you are in West MIchigan, all the better.

steven
12-09-2004, 04:09 PM
you can use stock springs out of any of the 3rd gen accord, LXi, sei,dx,ex,whatever any year too.

88accordhb
12-09-2004, 05:13 PM
try the junk yard. if not just get a 1 inch drop form drop zones springs or something.

steven
12-09-2004, 05:25 PM
yeah, junkyard=best bet to find stock springs

AZmike
12-09-2004, 06:50 PM
I have a set of stock springs that spent their life in Arizona. Shipping is around $40-50 so you'd still probably be able to get a better deal locally at a junkyard as everyone else has recommended.

jayshonda
12-10-2004, 06:04 PM
I don't want to crawl under a honda in a muddy junk yard in Michigan in December. I'm also a little past the age where I would want to lower the car. The damn thing is already too low. A guy on this board has an ad with prings for sale, but he doesn't return emails or private messages. If anyone know the guy who posts with this: --- markmdz89hatch --, please tell him to contact me.

thanks

jonrichert
12-11-2004, 01:09 AM
I have a set of aftermarket, stock height front springs. i think they spent a few years on my car before i recently lowered it. i'm not very close to you though.

SteveDX89
12-11-2004, 06:19 AM
I don't want to crawl under a honda in a muddy junk yard in Michigan in December. I'm also a little past the age where I would want to lower the car. The damn thing is already too low. A guy on this board has an ad with prings for sale, but he doesn't return emails or private messages. If anyone know the guy who posts with this: --- markmdz89hatch --, please tell him to contact me.

thanks

I know Mark personally and he's a very busy guy so he doesn't spend to much on the board or web alone. He will pop up now and again and will return your e-mails and PM's.

UofACATS
12-11-2004, 04:58 PM
I have a set of stock springs that spent their life in Arizona. Shipping is around $40-50 so you'd still probably be able to get a better deal locally at a junkyard as everyone else has recommended.

Hey Mike, I need stock springs again. (bought some from here, but didn't exactly receive them - you know who you are) Anyway, what kind of cash you looking to get? Im ready to buy. Thanks, Id come pick them up.

AZmike
12-11-2004, 05:02 PM
The stock springs are in Phoenix right now, but I should be able to get them in the next week or two. Would you be able to wait? How does $25 delivered sound?

UofACATS
12-11-2004, 05:20 PM
The stock springs are in Phoenix right now, but I should be able to get them in the next week or two. Would you be able to wait? How does $25 delivered sound?

Sounds good. I have eibachs on the car now, so waiting is fine. Thanks,
Noah