PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Removal??

HKSdrift3r
12-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Hey guys wats up?! I just finished reading the vacuum removal how to and dont understand a few things. On stage 1, it says that the black box will be removed, so does that mean all those vacuum lines will be removed as well or are they jus rerouted some where else?some one plz help, otherwise am i royally screwed :uh:

A20A1
12-09-2004, 08:23 PM
You route the vacuum lines pretty much how it is shown in the diagram. When you remove something you cap off any potential vacuum leaks. you only reroute the secondary diaphragm and when you remove the hard lines you route new vaccum ines to the port.. so you basicly bypass the metal lines but still hook it up the same way.

I did post a warning to keep people from doing the vacuum removal if they don't understand it. But if you insist on doing it anyways don't be surprised what happens.

HKSdrift3r
12-10-2004, 03:19 PM
thanks.. i think i got it now. is this procedure going to affect the emissions greatly??

Vanilla Sky
12-10-2004, 05:06 PM
emissions, drivability, and milage... i get around 20 mpg, the car is hard to start, and sometimes doesn't like to stay running... i'm gonna go back and put in a vac canister to help me out some...

HKSdrift3r
12-10-2004, 05:30 PM
emissions, drivability, and milage... i get around 20 mpg, the car is hard to start, and sometimes doesn't like to stay running... i'm gonna go back and put in a vac canister to help me out some...

ohh well im talking bout just stage one?? btw.. wat size are the vacuum lines cuz i want to get some colored ones. and in the diagram, wat do i do with the ports that are just left alone, cap em??

A20A1
12-10-2004, 06:47 PM
In the diagram there is a red star to represent the vacuum ports you plug.

One bit that isn't shown in the diagram is the back and left side of the carb... so you'll need to scroll down to the other set of pics to see what ports to plug.

Also if you have 2 ports on the A/C idle boost you should plug the one that isn't connected to the A/C idle boost solenoid.

Wipeout
12-22-2004, 08:51 PM
I did the vacuum removal and my car runs fine.. except I lost my choke and now that it's cold it's really hard to start. Keep the choke if you live in a climate that does -20 F in December mornings. It's really easy and I only have like 4 vacuum lines. Just follow the diagrams and make sure you get vacuum to the vacuum advance. It makes everything simpler. I ended up ripping out about half my engine bay because it was useless emissions stuff.

FSL
12-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Hi everyone!
I have question to all who has removed vacuum lines - tell how affect removing the vacuum lines on spending the fuel? On my Accord are absent some vacuum lines and spending of fuel approximately 10-12 litres on 100 km, it is bound such big spending with vacuum lines?

P.S. Excuse me for my english... :sad2:

A20A1
12-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone!
I have question to all who has removed vacuum lines - tell how affect removing the vacuum lines on spending the fuel? On my Accord are absent some vacuum lines and spending of fuel approximately 10-12 litres on 100 km, it is bound such big spending with vacuum lines?
P.S. Excuse me for my english... :sad2:

The effect of removing vacuum lines can increase the amount of fuel you use(spend). To use(spend) less fuel, you would need to tune the carburetor. I'm not sure what vacuum lines you have on your carburetor...

Do you know your engine code?
Is it A20A2?

Can you use Shop Manual (LINK TO SHOP MANUAL) (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=25137) to find the vacuum diagram that matches your motor.
See what page your diagram is on and let me know.

FSL
12-24-2004, 01:54 AM
On tablet with WIN-code is specified the engine À20À1, but is installed engine À20À2. Probably after change did not know how connect all vacuum lines, metallic tubes no in general and big part of rubber tubes remain is not connected. So I can not find the diagram, matches my motor in Shop Manual.

I thought to connect vacuum lines according to www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=11067, but I don't know what is Air Jet Controller and where is it. If it in underhood black box then I'm not have it.

What You may prompt?