PDA

View Full Version : haha, Bootleg white gauge idea.

Defiant[YD]
07-30-2002, 06:39 PM
haha, i dunno if anyone posted this b4, but i'm too damn lazy to read all the threads so here it goes :p

how bout i just print the gauge scans on a piece of white card paper and just screw it over my stock gauges? since i'm too poor to afford real indiglo gauges :D

and couldn't i just change the LED's that illuminate the gauges?

shepherd79
07-30-2002, 06:43 PM
i think that is what people have been doing for years. Daaaaaahaaaaaaaa

GreenMachine
07-30-2002, 09:31 PM
yup I was gonna do that !

YK86
07-31-2002, 12:37 AM
Yeah most of us have been doing that for about two years. http://www.geocities.com/kimurayasu/gauges.html

Defiant[YD]
07-31-2002, 11:09 AM
haha, damn YK86! ur too good at this man. i was thinking instead of going out to buy that sticky paper thing if it was possible to use that card paper and just attach it to the thing with the screws that are already on the gauges.

killerb09
08-01-2002, 03:38 AM
wow what a novel; idea and here I asm running my card printed gauge faces for the last year that are only screwed to teh original ones in the car....oh wait thats what your saying....

ummm I think it's been dione..a few times...
but you won't have indiglo by anymeans....since teh indeglo actually light up inside the face ratheer then having somethign light shining down on teh gauge...

Shagen
08-03-2002, 08:45 AM
Dude thats a good Idea but I would go with Yasu's sticker plan, it isn't much more and it will look better and last longer. I havn't done mine yet because I am waiting until I do my power mirrior conversion so I can do both at the same time when I pull the cluster