PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop G/T Qualifiers

PhydeauX
07-30-2002, 06:41 PM
Any one have any opinions on them? I had to replace one of my mismatched dry rotted junkyard tires before I make a 7hr drive maine tomorrow. I picked up the cheapest tire I could get my hands on right away in 195 60 r14 which happend to be the gt qualifier. I was planning on putting some falken azenis on all four corners after I do something about the camber (this is a gen2 so the prelude arms wont work for it). Now I'm stuck with this dunlop that I had to shell out $60 for and I was wondering if it was a decent tire. I really need 4 tires but only one was in real danger of haveing a blow out so I only replaced it incase I decide to stick with my original plan of going with the azenis. I never get to auto cross anyway (why I wanted the azenis in the first place) because of my conflicting work schedule. Is it worth fitting hte car with qualifiers or should I religate the one I have to spare duty once I get around to getting the rest of the tires replaced?

andy

marc49
07-30-2002, 07:42 PM
I would imagine they are fine tires, but I don't know for sure.. So if you are thinking about saving money and buying only 3 other tires, I don't see why not. I mean the GT Qualifier is their high performance tire if I am not mistaken..

YK86
07-30-2002, 08:35 PM
I have GT Qualifers on my old (195/50/15) and new (205/40/16) rims. Very good all round all season tire. I bought them again because I got really good tread life out of the first set (I am actually still using the old original tires on the 88).

nanaimo_honda_accord
08-06-2002, 08:41 PM
if you are looking for a good 195/60r14 tires buy the nokian hakkapalitta. its a step up from an all season tire and it is actually an al weather tire, good in snow and great in water. they are a bit pricey but well worth it

MNLXi4D
08-07-2002, 09:19 AM
My dad had the GT Qualifiers on his Civic for awhile, and their a good tire. Didn't squeel much, and were fiarly sticky for his car.