PDA

View Full Version : auto-manual conversion w/ ONLY lude parts?

Hoppin Hatchie
12-10-2004, 04:01 PM
ok, heres the deal, i have access to an 85 prelude 1.8 dual carb, and i was wonder if i can use the pedal assem./clutch cable, accel. cable FROM THE LUDE on my 87 accord hatchback?

please get back to me asap, because the second gear on my 'cord is out and i need to do something fast.

thank you.

PhydeauX
12-10-2004, 06:00 PM
No, You also can't use the trans unless you swap the diff.

andy

Hoppin Hatchie
12-10-2004, 07:58 PM
from what i have heard from everyone else i wont need to swap the differential......i just need one accord axle, and one lude axle.......my main concern is whether or not the pedal assy. and clutch and accelerator cables will work....

maka_RTH
12-10-2004, 08:17 PM
you could just try pull the pedal assembly out and try and compare it. it's prolly different though.

88LXi68
12-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Pedal assembles, and shift rods are different. The rear mount is the same.

Hoppin Hatchie
12-11-2004, 11:13 PM
too different to use?

could i re-drill the lude pedal assy maybe?

grrr......may have to fix the stupid ass acclaim for the winter....my truck will never make it

PhydeauX
12-12-2004, 10:08 AM
from what i have heard from everyone else i wont need to swap the differential......i just need one accord axle, and one lude axle.......

I'm not sure where you heard that but its wrong. The accord axles have a larger diameter then the 1.8 prelude axles. You won't be able to stick an accord axle into the trans, and the prelude axle will spin freely in the accord hub. To make it work you would need to swap the entire front hub, carrier, breakes, etc from the 1.8 lude onto your accord if that is even possible and use the prelude axles. (I'm not sure anyone has ever done that but its a reverse of the process 1.8 lude owners have to go through with a 2.0 swap).

andy

Hoppin Hatchie
12-12-2004, 10:33 AM
damn...that sucks ass..... how hard is it to swap a differential? never done it on a fwd...

PhydeauX
12-14-2004, 01:41 PM
If you have a haynes manual it goes through the procedure. It's not that hard if you follow the instructions. Unfortunately on a fwd tranny you have to take the whole case apart. You are also most likely going to need a 5 speed accord diff. I have no idea if the diff from the auto trans will work, but my first guess would be it won't.

andy

carotman
12-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Or...... just use Prelude inner CV joints on an Accors axle. Easier than swapping the differentials I think. (at least for me)

Hoppin Hatchie
12-14-2004, 04:34 PM
how would i go about swapping the lude cv's onto the cord halfshafts?

it looks like there connected to the halfshafts pretty well.....