PDA

View Full Version : Plans for my 3gee

Legend_master
12-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Well I havent found the car yet, but I am looking for exactly what I need. A 86-89 Accord Lxi(so I dont have to worry about the EFi swap), 5-speed, white Accord hatch. With that out of the way, here is my photoshop of what I want the car to look like after the swap and I get the car :uh: . Let me know what you think.

Sorry for the Picture size, but Image station is beng kinda shitty right now.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/pd9fc3a8ff7829f1fea5670059f3bb63b/f5f0b242.jpg :rockon:

Hoppin Hatchie
12-11-2004, 11:46 PM
oh shit....that looks almost exactly like my hatch did for a while a couple of years ago...."panda" paint with rota slipstream wheels and a lip....

boy i sure do miss the way she looked before the wreck

88accordhb
12-12-2004, 12:12 AM
hoppin you have some pics?

and uhh ledgen, that's a pretty nice setup man, and wont be that hard. the only problem you might run into is finding the front bumper, from wat i heard that one isn't sold anymore? or something like that, but looks awesome bro, those rims are a dime a dozen by the way. lol see them on every other civics. but would sure look nice on a hatch accord tho. shoot for the moon.

RobT5580
12-12-2004, 07:35 AM
I would think finding a white hatch would be a challenge. I just dont see many around and the few i do are DX's. But if your patient im sure you will find one but take time and get the best one you can.

truetune
12-12-2004, 07:36 AM
holey slamed camber batdood! Thats going to be an awesome car once you get it and do all you want to it.

Legend_master
12-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Hey thanks for all the replies, I do know that it is kinda hard to find the car that I want. I have found a couple but they are on ebay and the person is not shipping. As for the bumper, I thought that the erabani was cancled not the Kaminari. I really hope that this is so, because that bumper will set the holw car off.

Hoppin Hatchie
oh shit....that looks almost exactly like my hatch did for a while a couple of years ago...."panda" paint with rota slipstream wheels and a lip....

Man do you have any pics, I would love to see that.

P.S. I know that the rims dont fit very well, but I am not a total and complete photoshop creator. Once I get the car I will do all the suspention work at one time. Drop zone springs(I already have them), Revalved Bilstiens, And Truckboy Camber adjustment. I will probably do the suspention before I do the motor swap, because I do not like riding around in a 4X4 anything :rofl: .

88accordhb
12-12-2004, 06:00 PM
uhhh seems like many are goin panda rout lately or trying to.

NXRacer
12-12-2004, 06:14 PM
why doesnt that look familiar?? :-D

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjM0NjI0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

although im not going to do this anymore because a panda should be a Toyota RWD, not a wanna be accord. The accord can look good enough by itself without having to imitate another car. Besides, that angle of camber wouldnt do you bit of good on a FWD car because the driving wheels arent hardly touching the pavement. Looks good, but would be totally pointless.

zero.counter
12-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Imitation is of the highest forms of flattery...

Anyways, that is a nice car that you are planning, and that car you are trying to simulate is damn hard to find anyways. Good luck in the EFI/5SPD/hatch combo. I still have yet to find on here in the San Antonio/Austin/Corpus Christi areas :(

Legend_master
12-12-2004, 08:44 PM
why doesnt that look familiar?? :-D
although im not going to do this anymore because a panda should be a Toyota RWD, not a wanna be accord. The accord can look good enough by itself without having to imitate another car. Besides, that angle of camber wouldnt do you bit of good on a FWD car because the driving wheels arent hardly touching the pavement. Looks good, but would be totally pointless.

Imitation is of the highest forms of flattery...

Anyways, that is a nice car that you are planning, and that car you are trying to simulate is damn hard to find anyways. Good luck in the EFI/5SPD/hatch combo. I still have yet to find on here in the San Antonio/Austin/Corpus Christi areas :(

There is no imitaiton here although that car looks hot(and it's photoshopped). As soon as I saw that white 4dr accord with the b16 on another forum, The idea for that hatch fell into my head. My friend use to have one so I new exactly what it looked like, but I never though of them as having any performance ability untill I found out about the PRI kit. I know it has some Tureno feel to it. Well I like the Tureno, but I have to have the reliability and performance of a honda. As for the camber problem I just dident do a good job at the photoshop, I know all about camber and I have to have perfect camber on any car that I drive.:thumbup:

AccordEpicenter
12-12-2004, 09:22 PM
i was thinking about getting slipstreams too because theyre not too expensive and still light.

Legend_master
12-12-2004, 09:29 PM
i was thinking about getting slipstreams too because theyre not too expensive and still light.

They also look good in smaller sizes 15's, 16's. SO you dont have to worry about a messed up Speedometer or lost of power to the wheels.

NotFast
12-13-2004, 06:20 PM
sweet, good luck on your quest.

88accordhb
12-13-2004, 07:09 PM
no one ever said panda scheme is reserved for rwd's. it's a matter of personal preference. i think it looks great.

HondaBoy
12-14-2004, 11:44 AM
i think it'll look good. those wheels you chopped into the pic are the ones my friend is trying to talk me into getting instead of something else.

hondamanlxi
12-14-2004, 01:49 PM
hooray for panda! thats next on my list....

Legend_master
12-14-2004, 09:49 PM
hooray for panda! thats next on my list....

Man I love the interior in your car, It just flows well between the red and black. For me I am going to go all black on the interior, hopefully I can fit GSR seats in it because they are so comfy :thumbup: .

Legend_master
12-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Heres a little fun with Photoshop.

*not what I am going to do to my car*

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/p0733d1907ad69adaf6faac2267464716/f5e6f3e5.jpg

smufguy
12-14-2004, 11:06 PM
im actually liking the Xenon front bumper only cause it seems to have more room behind it. Any opinions on guys who have this bumper/ body kit?

boy i sure do miss the way she looked before the wreck

lol arent you funny. He got the Xenon front bumper, not a lip. unless YOU had a lip then it would make sense.

Legend_master
12-15-2004, 12:16 AM
im actually liking the Xenon front bumper only cause it seems to have more room behind it. Any opinions on guys who have this bumper/ body kit?

lol arent you funny. He got the Xenon front bumper, not a lip. unless YOU had a lip then it would make sense.

Its actually the kaminari Bumper, I havent been able to find any good pictures of the Xenon.

smufguy
12-15-2004, 06:42 AM
Its actually the kaminari Bumper, I havent been able to find any good pictures of the Xenon.

ummm no sir. The front bumper is a Xenon brand. Check here if you are in doubt. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=27474 . The only bumper people like besides the Erebuni.

RobT5580
12-15-2004, 06:49 AM
The xenon is widely used mainly because its erethane and not fiberglass like the Erebuni kit and possibly the kaminari. Plus its just about the only kit still available if im not mistaken.

I do like the photoshop on the bad side that is very similar to what im doing to my coupe. I want my front xenon open and showing my FMIC. As for color white on white has been a choice for some time but since its been played out a lot with the xenon kit iv been desperatly trying to find some other color i like but im not having much luck.

Good luck legend master you have good plans going so i hope it all works out for you. And PM me if you do the B-series i have a few pointers since iv helped install 2 already.

smufguy
12-15-2004, 06:55 AM
its a good point that u made Rob. More than anything my liking for the xenon grew not only cause they were Urathane, it was the only kit that looked decent on the 3g. For too long have i envied the xenon rear bumper. But i guess with the tight cash, i will have to just stick with other alternatives for the appearance on the outisde via lips and add ons.

Legend_master
12-15-2004, 10:11 AM
ummm no sir. The front bumper is a Xenon brand. Check here if you are in doubt. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=27474 . The only bumper people like besides the Erebuni.

I sorry man I was just mistaken, thanks for the information. And thanks to everybody else who replied.

smufguy
12-15-2004, 12:25 PM
get more pics of ur legend up man. :D i wanna see it. some pics of the front and rear suspension with the wheel off, some engine pics and some interior pics. :D

According2Me
12-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Nice Legend...I had one with 289,000 miles, and it still runs to this day. 330,000+

Legend_master
12-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Legend Pictures (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=40012)

This thread has a couple of pics and here is the interior.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid134/pb307436151844a7d0aa05ad6eedcd36b/f7768b2c.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid134/p6f8a810e915ca5511beacb7a2c0aa62a/f7768bf2.jpg
It used to be an automatic, but I switched it over to five speed in my driveway (on jackstands).

Drilled and slotted rotors and EBC brakepads.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid134/p2a8538c20b83fbc28f687640bf52b348/f7768b5c.jpg

I can tell you right now if your wonder if the suspention is the same as the 3g. It is not, because the shock and spring are seprate of each other in the rear untill 89 when they went with a coilover system all around. This car has way less aftermarket stuff than the 3g accords. I have only seen one turbo one and it was putting 223hp/220Tq at the wheels on 8psi with stock internals. I will try and get some pictures with the wheels off, but it is going to take some time. Let me know if there are any other pictures you want.

NotFast
12-18-2004, 08:06 PM
believe me this car is sweeter in person.

sporkHSP
12-19-2004, 01:03 AM
ok, i think several of us are on the same page...
check my CD page for more.

HondaBoy
12-20-2004, 05:43 PM
i still have the kaminari rear and sides that havent been put on my car yet. i need the front piece because the car i got my kit off was all broken for the front part. dont know if the xenon kit would flow too well with the kaminari rear, the sides wouldnt be any problem.