PDA

View Full Version : insurance question

maka_RTH
12-12-2004, 07:01 PM
ok, i was on the way to my parents house tonight and some stupid idiot decided to back into me while waiting at the light. the damage isn't all that bad at all, just the cleared bumper light(that took hours) and the sidemarker were busted(passenger side), and the fender bent just a little as well as the bumper hangs just a bit. basically, my question is, how would i go about filing the claim against his insurance to get some money to fix it? it was the guy's company car, so i'd assume the insurance is through his company and will prolly give me whatever, and if i can i'd like to also get the money for a new fender and bumper(even though it wouldn't go towards those, but towards my 2dr or something ;)).

87accordlxi
12-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Make sure you file a police report. The other insurance company won't pay a dime if you have no documentation. Once you do that, call your agent and file a claim. Your insurance company will then deal with his insurance company. Either company may call you just to verify some facts though, and a claims adjuster will come out to look at your car. Unless they accept pictures of the damage. When you describe the incident, make sure you explain very thoroughly that he backed into you.

TheSummoner101
12-12-2004, 07:27 PM
most likely they got a good insurance company, which means they got good lawyers, jus watch out and dont get screwed by them.

MrBen
12-12-2004, 08:18 PM
most likely they got a good insurance company, which means they got good lawyers, jus watch out and dont get screwed by them.

Most likely the guy backed into him and knew his company insurance would drop him if they found out, so he ran. Been there done that, only when it happened to me the guy got abusive and made threats. In the end I got my money though. Definitely worth pursuing.