PDA

View Full Version : Auto Alarm Experts

Bobs89LXi
07-30-2002, 07:46 PM
I am looking for people who have or have had experience in the installation and repair of car alarm systems. I have seen quite a few questions concerning them and it would be nice to have someone with the knowledge to help out. You can let me know either here or via 3Geez private message. Thanks in advance.

TeKKnoTeKK
07-30-2002, 08:03 PM
I have a general understandng of them....I have removed and reinstalled mine a few times with different cars. I would not consider myself an expert by any means tho.

Bobs89LXi
07-30-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK
I have a general understandng of them....I have removed and reinstalled mine a few times with different cars. I would not consider myself an expert by any means tho.

You know more about them than I do. That is one area of auto electronics that I have not dealt too much with.

gr3k0sLaV
07-31-2002, 06:15 AM
Personally when it comes to these things, get Expers to fit it for you. that way if something goes wrong, chances are it's their fault and well they are liable.

When you do it yourself any mistakes are on YOU.

RCracer
07-31-2002, 06:56 AM
I have been in the auto electronic buisiness since I was 17 and I am now........well too old.
You can never know everything about the electronics game (especially with cars) as it has totally changed in the last few years.
Stereos/amps/alarms get more complicated as time goes on and yes that makes things more and more difficult for the average person to fit them and yes that leads to more damaged products.
Yes I have had to sort out the profesional install where there were 3 positive wires all spliced into the stereo constant and the earth (negative) wires (which there were 3) were all taped together and fastened to the stereo case with a screw!!!!!!!!!!

POS carb
08-02-2002, 08:21 PM
lol
yea i know a bit but there's been a lot of new stuff coming out these past few years so i'm not sure about what's new.

hondaaccord_86
08-03-2002, 05:45 PM
i know that my sensor for my alarm got messed up when i took out the dash. so i got the sensor fixed from the guys who i got it from. does that count for any experience?

catalin
08-09-2002, 11:12 PM
Sure, I can help out. I've been installing for over eight years and have worked with many different types/models of alarms.... ask away:)

Bobs89LXi
08-10-2002, 06:47 AM
I appreciate all the responses. It seems that we do have a small pool of people we can draw from with auto alarm questions. Thanks again guys.

guaynabo89
08-10-2002, 08:10 AM
I have installed alarms on a couple different cars including mine which is complicated as hell.

I know a little about instalation and basic wiring. No where near an expert though.

RobT5580
08-11-2002, 05:34 PM
I also have experience with them (not a pro but have the basic understanding) and i was also going to school to be an electrician so i have basic understanding on electonics as well.....The hardest part for me on my installation was getting the brain or main box of the alarm hidden and away from easy reach.