PDA

View Full Version : New 3Gee'er

rambo_005
12-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Hi all,

New to this scene all the way from New Zealand (down by Australia).
My mate and I have got an Accord 2.0SI each and we are doing one of them up. (Here these cars are considered rubbish, but we see their nice side) We managed to find an almost completely rust free 1987 factory manual B20A 2.0SI with 180,000kms on the clock. It was completely standard with only a leather steering wheel as one of the factory options. My car however, is full of rust, is automatic and has almost all the options (climate air cond, sunroof, digital dash display, bumper pole, lip boot spoiler and A.L.B).
Both have cruise control :rockon:

Anyway here are some photos:
Good one (Manual)
http://riverboats.homestead.com/files/CamsStuff/87_Honda_Accord_2.0SI_1.jpg
http://riverboats.homestead.com/files/CamsStuff/87_Honda_Accord_2.0SI_2.jpg
Rusto (Auto)
http://riverboats.homestead.com/files/CamsStuff/88_Honda_Accord_2.0SI_3.jpg

AccordArizona89
12-13-2004, 12:28 AM
OMG that dash is iLL!!! i gotta get me one of those. anyone know if it will fit in USDM accords?

TheSummoner101
12-13-2004, 12:31 AM
welcome. nice cars dude, i love the rims, cars seem so clean and in good condition.

OMG that dash is iLL!!! i gotta get me one of those. anyone know if it will fit in USDM accords?
it should, generally the cars are made so that most stuff is interchangable (to reduce cost) but you might have to do a custom job on the wiriing :S not sure.

Hash_man_Se_i
12-13-2004, 12:46 AM
Awesome... that car looks really nice, but it could really use a drop, its soooo high.

And that digital dash is soo nice, looks good.

rambo_005
12-13-2004, 12:56 AM
I might be pulling the one with all the goodies into bits, as its sooo rusty. A shame really but it would mean some coolies for the good car. (Also got a factory air refiner in that one (rare here). Between us we have owned 5 Accords, all gen 3s and have taught us alot. (4 of these had B20A's)

RiCANACCORD
12-13-2004, 01:14 AM

LORD!! That's true!!!!!!!!! what a dash it looks great. Perhaps we could order them to europe or something :bowrofl:

catalin
12-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Talk to Carotman about the dash, I sold him mine about two months ago. He might have it wired up by now. I bought mine from New Zealand and I gave up with it since it looks like they only came with automatics and it had a couple of extra plugs on it.

Rambo_005 what do four calipers for the SEi model cost down there?? I know the cars came with double pistons and it would be kind of cool to get a set.
Is there a local parts shop you can suggest for me? Phone number and/or website would be great.

Thanks

bullard123
12-13-2004, 05:18 AM
Man thats one clean sedan. I'm liking those smoke colored sidemarkers also. Man wonder why they didn't put that much into our USDM accords?

original2k
12-13-2004, 08:39 AM
man that's awesome to see that dash actually installed on a car, ride is looking sweet dude, just get it lowered like the aforementioned

myaccord7
12-13-2004, 08:49 AM
nice car, i like the color and the dash,.

zach

88accordhb
12-13-2004, 09:33 AM
nice.

Mattphi
12-13-2004, 10:20 AM
pure sweetness

jigga225
12-13-2004, 11:23 AM
i like the color scheme you got goin on there. the paint hits good with the rims.

HondaBoy
12-13-2004, 11:25 AM
ah, dont let people think your cars are rubbish. they are one of the best cars ever made. anyway, that digi display is what everyone is looking for. like how much rust is on your car? you ought to show some more pix. how about some pix of that B20 accord. we'd like to see more of it.

rambo_005
12-13-2004, 02:34 PM
My car is rusted all around the boot, the door hinges and in the bottom of the doors, it has been repaired with bog, but it wasnt a very god job. B20A engines from accords here are not worth anything. They are hard to give away. I just dumped a 2.0SI shell with its 4 wheels discs attached! Gen 3 Accords are everywhere at the local car dump, occasionally a 2.0SI (B20A model) shows up, but usually they are carbed models. I can get more photos of the cars if you want.

epic1400cs
12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Nice 3geez. It is minor thing but is the typo on the cruise control button in English and Japanese? If so, the car is jenuine JDM I believe. I think the door visor are also JDM option.

PortugalFocus
12-13-2004, 04:47 PM
holy crap!

:bow: Digi Dash :bow:

clean ride man send more pics.........

carotman
12-13-2004, 05:38 PM
I do have this digital gauge here.

I plan to put it on my Accord but I need extra parts that I haven't been able to source yet.

I need the Digital display controller (kinda like an ECU). This is what will control the gauges.

I also need the gauge cluster cover. It's different from the regular gauges....

If rambo 005 is willing to source those parts for me in a junkyard, I'll be able to help everyone about the digital gauge wiring modification.

BTW, the car looks great!

guaynabo89
12-13-2004, 05:45 PM
I know the cars came with double pistons and it would be kind of cool to get a set.

Thanks

I have a set here in the U.S I'm selling. 200 shipped for em in good condition. let me know

rambo_005
12-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Nice 3geez. It is minor thing but is the typo on the cruise control button in English and Japanese? If so, the car is jenuine JDM I believe. I think the door visor are also JDM option.

Thats right, they are both JDM Si's, Sold new in Japan and imported to NZ in 1994. (NZ has a bit used Japanese import market) Gen 3 Accords were very popular cars around 93-96 and were seen everywhere, now they are older and you find them for sale for quite cheap.

blazin3gen
12-13-2004, 10:27 PM
more pics of the cluster haha

nice ride bro

catalin
12-13-2004, 10:39 PM
Carotman, the gauges I sold you came form a place called Strongam Honda or Strong Arm Honda, somewhere in New Zealand. I know they have a websit but I can't seem to find it right now.

thegreatdane
12-14-2004, 02:11 AM
catalin, their name is Strong for Honda and they havent got the parts. I've emailed back and forth with them about it.

gp02a0083
12-16-2004, 11:24 AM
dude..................... i .................want .....................digital gauges liek that for my black HB

Busted_Blue
12-16-2004, 01:03 PM
O_O nice!!!

BlueBead
12-16-2004, 01:22 PM
damn.. time to move down under

smufguy
12-16-2004, 01:30 PM
wow finally a pic of a working digital cluster. I was kinda getting tired of looking at the drawn one i got. Yeah take more pics of ur car, like ur engine, ur brakes, ur interior and the mods u have done to it.

Keep it clean man, it looks really awsome. Good job. :alc:

od2681
12-16-2004, 02:06 PM
god damn..that is one nice dash
i thought it was only experimental in the accords..guess i was wrong..
did any one say night rider..lol

smufguy
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
oh wait, i just realized that it has one piece horn on the steering rather than our 4 button horn. Wow, thats weird.

rambo_005
12-16-2004, 10:30 PM
All of the Accords I have seen in New Zealand have one horn button (big centre part of the wheel)

88accordalltheway
12-16-2004, 11:06 PM
freakin sick, nothing else can describe it. Yes most definatly get more pics now~!!!!

Busted_Blue
12-16-2004, 11:09 PM
oh wait, i just realized that it has one piece horn on the steering rather than our 4 button horn. Wow, thats weird.

Actually oddly enough..alot of the 3rd gen accords that come in for service at SF Honda Dealership, actually do have one piece horn buttons too. I don't see it as rare..but I'm not sure what this two diferrent styles of buttons attribute to.

I personally like it on the side as I can press it with my thumb should I ever need to with a light press from my 3 and 9 position I drive with. :D

nice cars really...i wonder if you can source parts for us.. perhaps shipping might cost a hefty price but I bet some people on this site is willing to pay for some ultra rare parts like the dash. Definitely more pics of the cool options you have on your "rustbucket" would be nice. I want to see the goodies!!!!

epic1400cs
12-17-2004, 03:57 AM
All of the Accords I have seen in New Zealand have one horn button (big centre part of the wheel)

All the JDM 3rd gen Accord are fitted with one horn button, too. Only the exception in Japan is the Accord Coupe which was imported from US, left hand drive, and come with four buttons. Wired thing with the one button handle is that there are 2 or 3 different manufacturers made them and their parts are slightly different from each other. :uh:

In Europe I have never seen four buttons one so I slightly feel the four button is North American spec.

epic1400cs
12-17-2004, 04:06 AM
My car however, is full of rust, is automatic and has almost all the options (climate air cond, sunroof, digital dash display, bumper pole, lip boot spoiler and A.L.B).

I missed to read it but wow, you have bumper pole! :thumbup: Is it electlically retractable one!? If so that is very convenient and super rare item - they say it breaks easily if you negrect, though. Do you have any optional room light, separate spot lights, fitted next to the rear view mirror, too?

rambo_005
12-21-2004, 12:13 AM
Yeah, the pole is electric and they have map reading lights up by the rear view mirror, quite handy.

HondaBoy
12-21-2004, 10:05 AM
hmm, interesting. my accord has the one piece center horn button on the stock wheel. my 3gee was made in japan, not JDM though. my prelude wheel also has the center horn part. man i wanted some of those map lights too, cant find em anywhere on sites i look at.

epic1400cs
12-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Yeah, the pole is electric and they have map reading lights up by the rear view mirror, quite handy.

Fully loaded! :bowrofl: I have been looking for the map light for almost one year but only the place I can find is Yahoo Auction Japan. But most sellers dont ship to abroad. :rocket:

bl9366
12-27-2004, 12:12 AM
Carotman, the gauges I sold you came form a place called Strongam Honda or Strong Arm Honda, somewhere in New Zealand. I know they have a websit but I can't seem to find it right now.

Tell me, Catalin, that you're the guy who owns the wicked 3geez near Future Shop in Richmond. I remembered waving at a 3geez that looks exactly like yours near Lansdowne mall.

Sorry for being off-topic.

rambo_005
12-27-2004, 01:48 AM
I will more than likely be breaking my 2.0Si in the next 6 months :ugh2: , this means the digital dash and any other bits will be available... If anyone is interested private message me with an offer. (I will ship from New Zealand to wherever at your cost) :) I can also probably source any other parts that you may want (B20A, smoked corner lights, map lights etc), there is an extensive number of JDM 3geez floating round in NZ!

rambo_005
01-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Yesterday the good factory JDM Manual 2.0Si with no rust was crashed. Someone pulled out infront of it and it plowed into them.
Quite badly damaged, one headlight is stuck up, bonnet is crumpled and a corner light is broken on one side. Waiting for insurance assesor to check it out, but more than likely it will be a write off, as I suspect it will cost more than the value of the car to repair it. :sadwave: A shame cause it still looked so sweet sitting there.

Had just finished install a rare factory F1 Honda Team interior (Dark Grey). :barf:
It will be almost impossible for me to replace as they are all Autos with high kms and in bad shape. I dont think I could be bothered doing a manual conversion either.

epic1400cs
01-06-2005, 02:22 AM
I am sorry to know about the accident rambo_05.
I hope you are ok.

joker2
01-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that.... Hopefully they won't write it off and fix everything..... :thumbup:

thegreatdane
01-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Crap, that was a shame.. What interior was that you just put in it? What was special about it and can you get any pics?

joker2
01-06-2005, 09:17 AM
I think he said it was the interior from a F1 Accord.... I've heard of this model before and have only seen one pic of one.... Their interior came in all black or gray if I'm not mistaking.... The F1 is like the Mobey Dick of our cars... :lol:

od2681
01-06-2005, 09:30 AM
post the F1 ..rrrrrrrrrrrrr(sea captain_

joker2
01-06-2005, 09:35 AM
:rofl: :lol: :rofl: It's out there, somewhere!!!

rambo_005
01-07-2005, 07:21 PM
The Accord 2.0Si F1 was a limited edition 1986 Accord model (JDM only I believe?). It had a full black/dark grey interior and the front seats had a Honda F1 Race Team emblem stitched into them. It had the same logo in the centre of the steering wheel and on the outside it had the emblem on the front window monsoons and on the bottom of the rear doors. As far as I have seen they only came in White.
Someone here in NZ turned one into a demolition derby car and the full interior came out so I purchased it for my car. I did not get the monsoons or the steering wheel centre unfortunately.

BITESIZE
01-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Very nice car!

thegreatdane
01-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Pictures of the F1 interior!!! :cheers:

rambo_005
01-09-2005, 01:52 AM
I will have to wait till a decision is made about its future (the car is in the insurance lockup). I will have to take all my good bits out of it if it gets scrapped. On a good note the person who pulled out in front of my car (responsible for accident) had no insurance, but has agreed to pay for all damages on the Police report (I don't think he knew the extent of the damage!) My car is worth NZ$2000 and it will cost around $2500 to fix properly (new parts and paint etc). I might get it back still! :D