PDA

View Full Version : Upper control arm anchor bolts.

87LX-i HB
05-04-2002, 12:35 AM
I recently lowered my accord about 2.5 inches. It looked fine for awhile, then the camber started to go way negative on me. I was wondering how to fix this problem. Somebody told me that you have to get a "Camber kit" but I don't know where to find them. I tried searching for "adjustable camber kit" One site said to get an offset anchor bolts and/or aftermarket eccentric cams. What are these, and what do I need to correct the camber? Is it possible to do it yourself without any fancy equipment??

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-04-2002, 01:52 AM
Yup...sure is! Just go to a boneyard and get the front upper A-arms off an 84-87 Prelude, then get new balljoints at any parts store and install them, then put them on the car. Now you have adjustable camber! For the rear you can just get longer bolts and use washers between the upper control arm and the frame to fix the camber.

:)

CARBurn
05-04-2002, 08:39 PM
I'm fine with the front upper a-arms conversion, but where do you get the longer bolts for the rear?
Is there a set number of washers for the rear or just add washers until u get correct camber, which I guess would have to be verified by a shop (that could be tedious)?

GreenMachine
05-06-2002, 06:42 PM
same question, how many washers would you need for the rear
camber - say if it was lowered 3"

AccordChemist
05-06-2002, 07:49 PM
mines lowerd 2" and the rear stay fine and then i got prelude arms for the front and adjusted them all the way out and its perfect. there has been no signs of camber wear on my tires.

87LX-i HB
05-07-2002, 02:36 AM
I boutght a camber kit for the front end. I will be installing it on wednesday. I will let you know how it goes. Well, if I have time, I have to pull the motor out that day too to put in a new oil pan to stop the leak, so if I finish with enough daylight left, I'll put in the kits, and let you know how it works out. Also, I will try that longer bolts trick with the washers, if I have more time.

smufguy
05-07-2002, 05:09 AM
but u dont have to do anything if u lower just one inch right? do u think even for normail one inch drop, we can get the prelude upper "A" arms?