PDA

View Full Version : Odd Electrical Problem

Dopefish
12-14-2004, 11:31 AM
I looked around for a bit but couldn't find a topic covering issues like this. Sorry if i missed it.

At any rate, my Accord started having a mysterious electrical demon recently. As you probably know, the radio and roof antenna switch are all on the same circuit. What began to happen was, when I start the car, sometimes this entire circuit does not come on at all. Sometimes it will suddenly turn on after a few minutes of driving, and sometimes it will stay off for the entire length of the trip. It does not appear to be related to the fuse. Obviously while the circuit is off, my radio and antenna are dead. Any ideas on what might be causing this, or how to fix it? I will gladly poke around any areas of the car to find info if it will help anyone diagnose this.

Vinny
12-14-2004, 12:33 PM
look and see if the blower motor goes out at the same time. I believe the radio and blower motor are on the same circuit off the ignition switch on the backside of the key cylinder. Thats a fairly likely cause

Dopefish
12-15-2004, 09:10 PM
the blower motor remains functional.

AccordEpicenter
12-15-2004, 11:20 PM
betcha its a bad ground then

Dopefish
12-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Followup Message -

The problem appears to be fixed. At the same time as this was happening, the brake light was coming on because of low brake fluid. As soon as I filled the brake fluid, this whole electrical problem went away.

I guess I have a short or bad ground in the system that detects the brake fluid level, or something.