PDA

View Full Version : Brake Problem/Accerate problem

89bumblethumper
07-30-2002, 07:58 PM
So heres my Brake problem...

When i get to about 5 mph coming to a stop sign, my brakes make a POP sound and i can feel it in the brake pedal as well..i have had the problem ever since i owned the car (2 years) and even new rotors and pads didn't fix it...I know that it is coming from my front brakes...sounds like the driver side...My Mechanic has no idea about it either...but then when i accelerate they will pop at about 5 mph again...as if they are "un popping"

Heres my accel. Problem

As i start going, my car feels like it cuts out (RPM's drop to about 100) as it is going...then goes...like goes cuts goes til next need for acceleration...it usually occurs when im trying to accel rapidly...and i have tried about a million different shifting methods and still the same results...any ideas??? I have tightened my Throtle cable from my throtle body, and that didn't help it...so i am out of ideas...cept possible tranny problems, cause sometimes 3rd and 5th if shifted into fast enough will grind...

Hope there is someone out there that can help...

OldSchoolSwap
07-31-2002, 05:14 AM
Brakes

Your calipers and brakets are loaded with a set of "spring shilds" it sounds like they fell off and the pads are wigeling back and forth. These "springs" "clips" are used to keep the pads secure in the caliper. Allthough it is not dangerous, I do recommend that you get them, to keep the clunking sound away.

The Acc...

Try replacing your fuel filter and if the problem persists, use a fuel injector cleaner and let me know.

89bumblethumper
07-31-2002, 07:03 AM
aight...thanks ill try that...at this point ill try anything

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
07-31-2002, 11:24 AM
I don't know how to resolve your braking problems but here's what you should try with the acceleration problem.

1. Check your spark plugs. Check for wear and proper gapping. Use quality spark plugs like NGK's & Bosch Platinums.

2. Check your distributor cap & rotor. Check for cracks near the electrodes and the condition of the rotor.

3. Check your fuel filters (engine compartment & rear of car).

4. Check your carburetor. Clean if dirty with carburetor fluid.

5. Check your throttle cable and see that it's not kinked or damaged.

Hope this helps.
Claude

HostileJava
07-31-2002, 12:58 PM
I had the same problem you are having with accelerating and it turned out it was because my fuel regulator was not working and was supplying way to much fuel to the injectors