PDA

View Full Version : Tints:CT & Mass members

3rdgeneration
12-15-2004, 08:03 PM
hey im looking into getting tints, anyone know where and how much i could get it done for?

HondaBoy
12-15-2004, 08:52 PM
tints? do you mean window tint? dont live in CT but i'll tell you that a quality tint installed with a warrenty usually runs $100-$130. the tint i want is called Bronze tint. its gonna cost me about $180 for that, possibley more. anyway, hope someone can hook you up with a good deal or something.

3rdgeneration
12-15-2004, 10:18 PM
yeah i live ic ct, and yes i want window tints

cftheodore
12-16-2004, 04:50 AM
Go to Ebay. Look for the ebay store- TintPreCuts Precut Window Tint and order what you need. As of now the price is $37.95 plus $9 shipping and it comes with free tools!! Tint is not that hard to put on. Just clean your windows REALLY well before you put the tint on. Use water with a little baby shampoo in it to let you slide the tint in place and then squegee it out.

RobT5580
12-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Mint Tint is S.Windsor is pretty good if they are still around. Im sure there are places closer to you just dont go to dark. CT state law requires DMV stickers for tints so if you get pulled over they will send you to DMV for a test and they are bastards. My tints are extremely light and the test said they were at the legal limit so i have stickers now. I want darker ones but i dont feel like peeling tint off at my expense and i always get stopped at DUI checkpoints where they always write me up for exhaust, tints, and crap.

3rdgeneration
12-17-2004, 10:30 PM
thats sucks then, is it even worth getting tints then

RobT5580
12-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Its your call you have a 4dr so you can do the back window and rear doors as dark as you want. On a coupe you can only do the rear window as dark then the sides 35% i believe. For some reason that law makes no sense to me since its to protect the police. I would rather see who is in the back of a 4dr car than a 2dr car. So in that sense if you did get pulled over then you would only have to pull the front two doors if it fails.

I guess it depends more on your luck and how the cops are where you live. S.Windsor cops are horrible but i cant avoid it since my girl lives their and they do DUI check points all the time. So you might get away with it if your cops are not bastards. I see plenty of cars with dark tints so its purely up to your local cops. My first coupe was not legal and i made it a few years w/o any problems.

3rdgeneration
12-18-2004, 07:22 PM
really,,,if i can find a a decent price i'll get them but all the local shops want like 17-180 for tints and i did really wana spend that much on tints because i, want to save and start working on that engine..

RobT5580
12-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Yeah thats about what it would be seeing that you have a 4 door.