PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer/amp issue...HELP!!!

cdscowboy
12-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Okay so I'm trying to get my stereo to power up my amp and power antenna via the same remote power wire.

I can hook up just the antenna just fine, it goes up...super.

I hook up hook the amp, and the +12 (I'm using a voltmeter) I was getting from the remote lead goes flat, and the amp doesn't power up.

Obviously, it doesn't work when I connect both to the remote lead, since the amp cancels out the power from the head unit.

Anyone have any ideas of what to do? I don't have a seperate power antenna lead off the head unit, in case you're wondering.

cdscowboy
12-15-2004, 10:41 PM
ttt

KoNEY
12-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Do like I did, and leave the remote lead of the stereo for the antenna, and get rid of your Cruise. Then pop-out the cruise on/off switch ( on dash) and cut the green wire. (I believe it was the green one, almost 100% sure). Now hook up your remote amp lead to the green wire that COMES FROM THE BACK OF SWITCH, (dont hook it to the rest of the green wire you just cut from switch, use wire that is still attatched)
Now, you'll be pimpin, and any time you wanna bump, simply hit the cruise button on the dash. If you dont wanna disable your cruise, you could probly tie into the green wire, still leaving it connected, but I scrapped my cruise, so it worked fine for me...hope this gives you some type of idea...

cdscowboy
12-15-2004, 11:00 PM
1. Thanks :wave: but,
2. I don't have an Accord, so those colors mean nothing to me.
3. I don't have cruise control on my '90 240sx.

maka_RTH
12-15-2004, 11:46 PM
you could prolly just run a wire from you battery (or any other 12v lead). you could either have a switch in the line to turn your amp on and off, or if the lead is acc. on only, then obviously the amp would be on once your acc is on. or, you could always just get a deck that has both leads...

maka_RTH
12-15-2004, 11:48 PM
oh yah, if you run a line from the battery, then you'd prolly need to fuse it.., dunno what amp fuse, but i'd assume small, like 7.5 or 10 amps.

cdscowboy
12-16-2004, 12:41 AM
So the results are in:

I'm retarded. The remote power wire that went between the HU and the amp got pinched in my center console against a piece of metal, wore through the plastic coating, and grounded out, which is what was zeroing out my voltmeter reading.

So I took out the remote wire, electrical taped it about 3" on either side of where it'd been pinched through, and it works like a charm now...

*sigh* that took all day.