PDA

View Full Version : Talk About Work.

89dxowner
12-16-2004, 04:43 PM
I have had to do so much work to my 3g lately it's breaking me and pissing me off. In the last couple months I have had to Replace the back tires, replace a axle, redo the exahust, lift the back end, replace both lower ball joints, replace the clutch, replaced the tranny, new head gasket/exahust gasket/intake gasket, new tie rod end, fix the dash lights/head lights, replace a tail light bulb, new radiator neck, the list goes on...

AccordEpicenter
12-16-2004, 05:54 PM
ahh the joys of owning an old car... or it owning you

hondamanlxi
12-16-2004, 06:29 PM
haha i know, trust me...

in the last month..
2 axles
1 tranny
1 $500cd player
1 window motor

just a fact of life... more mods = more problems

Vanilla Sky
12-16-2004, 07:21 PM
just remember that once you replace it, chances are that you won't have to again

accordlxi2.0
12-16-2004, 07:39 PM
damn...i replaced well.....
the thing's i replaced is because i wanted too.
no offense guy's but y'all just made me realize why would i wanna get rid of my car...because it's running hotter due to someone else's problem...and i don't wanna convert to efi , but buy one.
i need to quit bitchn'.....

3gn86lxi
12-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Well......since I bought it, struts, springs...didnt have to but wanted to lower it.
Breaks, egr, clutch, main relay, tps, ect.
In the last week......new back glass, ouch!!! fuel filter, cd player...super nice Kenwood :thumbup:.
In the next couple of months.....power steering rack, high pressure power steering line, upper engine mount, finish the window tint. Thats it for a little while! :sad2:
Yes older cars are a pain, but it gives us somthin to do, RIGHT!!?? :alc:

Underdog
12-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Since I've gotten mine, I've had to replace the main relay (well, just re-solder it), spark plugs and wires, fuel injector o-rings (got this done by the advanced auto shop at school), and valve cover gasket. Within the next month or two I'll be replacing the driver's side headlight assembly, driver's side fender, power window control box, and a working clock.

AccordEpicenter
12-16-2004, 08:51 PM
fuel injector o-rings those are very easy to do

Underdog
12-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I read my chilton's manual and stuff, and it seemed easy enough, but I've only done basic stuff with my car so far, and didn't want to mess something up. But when I took it to the auto shop (i'm in intro to auto, the advanced class worked on it), it took them 3 days (about 5 hours). I thought it was just the fuel rail and that other bar there (don't remember what it's called) you had to remove, and then you could just pull the injectors out. Is that really all it is?

89dxowner
12-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Well it sounds like you all know what im talking about.

88turboaccord
12-18-2004, 11:43 PM
Since I got mine, I had to replace---
well...
everything

even had to replace the turbo----darn thing went bad too!!!! :pc:

sporkHSP
12-19-2004, 12:51 AM
all stereo, fuel lines, filters, radiator, tires, belts, hoses, starter, battery, transmission, lug bolts that broke off, exhaust (which im doing again this summer)... @ 6,000 into a car i bought for $2000. but i still have under 94,000 miles.