PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

jayshonda
12-16-2004, 04:49 PM
I'm wanting to buy some things from a seller, who has listed them for sale. I can understand that he is busy, but I must be doing something wrong. I belong to other auto sites and when you want to communicate with someone, you send an email, which is linked through the user's ID.

Here, it seems the only way to communicate is by posting a reply and then there are a ton of other replies to sort through to see if there is a reply for me. It also seems there is a dialogue going on in the posts. I am not comfortable putting my address on an open forum. There is a thing to send private messages, but I don't think they are getting through to the seller. At least, if they are, I am not getting any reply via the private message.

When I do see a post title I am interested in reading, clicking on it, brings up all the most recent replies. That seems backwards. What do you do to get the original post?

Mac
12-16-2004, 05:42 PM
If you click on the user's name you will see a drop down menu. There you can click on send e mail to.

Click on User CP, scroll down and click edit options. Scroll down to Thread display mode and use the drop down menu to change to Oldest first.

jayshonda
12-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Yep, did that. apparently this seller doesn't believe in email. he responds and carries on conversations with everyone by posting in the same thread.

also have sent several private messages to him, but after i do that, i check in the "sent" messages and nothing is there.

If you click on the user's name you will see a drop down menu. There you can click on send e mail to.

Click on User CP, scroll down and click edit options. Scroll down to Thread display mode and use the drop down menu to change to Oldest first.

keruhas184
12-17-2004, 10:58 AM
Mark is a cool guy, I met him in person. If you're sending him PMs, he should reply. I'm not sure what's going on when you send the PM, but I believe that there is an option to save or not to save your sent messages. Maybe they're just not getting saved? PMs are the usual way to conduct business here.

jayshonda
12-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Mark is a cool guy, I met him in person. If you're sending him PMs, he should reply. I'm not sure what's going on when you send the PM, but I believe that there is an option to save or not to save your sent messages. Maybe they're just not getting saved? PMs are the usual way to conduct business here.