PDA

View Full Version : Starto prob.

mag_pbg
12-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Heres the situation, I got out of school, went to start my car, and when I turn the key you can here the startor spinning, but the selenoid wouldn't kick out, or rather it wouldn't turn the fly wheel. So I took it to Autozone and they tested it and sure enough the stupid thing worked! But it won't work when I connect it to the car, so what might be the prob.¿ Maybe a bad ground¿ Everything else works except the damn thing won't kick out the selenoid, maybe the battery not have enough juice¿

Strugglebucket
12-16-2004, 09:15 PM
when it's in the car does it work sometimes? when solenoids go bad they usually work sometimes and get progressively worse until they don't work at all. have someone turn the car over while you connect a multi-tester to the solenoid's power connection to see if it's getting juice.

mag_pbg
12-17-2004, 05:23 AM
It's a brand new startor, only maybe 2 months old if that, but is has been making grinding noises here recently.

NashvilleLX-i
12-18-2004, 11:37 AM
when you take out your startor stick your finger in the hole where it goes and feel for the ring gear and also check the teeth on the startor because if any of those are gone it would porbably just spin and try if you can too look in with a flash light if they are worn at all. or check if the motor is mounted to the assembly fully (two really long bolts). or if it is going all the way in. i cant think of anythign else unless there is a bad spring or something. which would be a bad startor. because i would think if its the solenoid it would either not turn or start the engine but not stop trying to turn it.