PDA

View Full Version : Excelon Components Installed

danronian
12-17-2004, 07:50 PM
My friend gave me a new set of Kenwood Excelon 6.5" components for Christmas and wow they sound great. Took five hours to install in one door and I can't wait until the Jensen in the other door is finally gone and replaced with these awesome speakers. I flush-mounted the tweeters next to the door locks and the woofers fit great into the stock baffles with some major cutting, the nice thing about them is they have a super small magent that doesn't protrude into the door too far so they don't have to be shimmed out beyond the stock speaker depth. Here is some pictures of the driver's side door (the only one I got done so far): http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/327304/11

frankie89
12-17-2004, 08:13 PM
cool keep us posted on ya progress!!hope ya get it done soon good luck!!

Ludi Mali
12-17-2004, 09:12 PM
sweet, i have to coax's and they're awsome can't wait till i have money for some components. one question, are the tweeters harsh at high volumes or do they sound pretty good?

Mike's89AccordLX
12-17-2004, 09:59 PM
I have the same kenwood excelons in my car. Pretty nice speakers.

danronian
12-17-2004, 10:51 PM
one question, are the tweeters harsh at high volumes or do they sound pretty good?
My friend has the same set in his car powered by some crappy audiobahn amp and they tweeters are surprisingly smooth at high volume. They only thing I can compare them to in my car is the add-on jensen tweeters I have mounted on my dash in little pods and those are much harsher than these new tweeters. Also on the crossover they have a knob to adjust the tweeters to your likeing. I have mine all the way up and the EQ setting on my HU about 3/4 up and I like how they sound.