PDA

View Full Version : Yay, more power window questions.

pendejo
12-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Alright, I was getting sick of not being able to roll my D/S window down so I replaced the master power window switch. No help. I removed the door panel, and the first thing I noticed was there was a 2 wire plug, near the seat belt return, that was not plugged into anything. What is this, one wire has a constant 12V supply. I think they are green(negative), and white w/blue stripe(positive)? Anyway, so now I hear a clicking noise when I hit the switch, I read on another thread that it might be the control box, but I'm not sure because wouldn't I not be able to roll my Passenger window up and down? I started to remove the motor, but I got annoyed and tried putting it back together and the holes don't line up correctly in the panel now. Anyone have any idea's? I'm getting a little pissed with this thing, and it's hindering potential buyers from buying. Thanks alot in advance, any help is truely appreciated. Also, are there differences in the motors between 2/4DR and Hatches? How about Left or Right side?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
12-18-2004, 07:41 AM
The Shop Manual does not show the wires you mentioned in the power window schematics. Not to mention that the connectors for the power window motors have 3 or 4 wires. Could this be your door light wiring by any chance? It would make sense because it would have power when the driver door is open. Put a volt meter to the wires and then depress the door switch. If the power goes off, then its the door light. That would be my only guess because every other power accessory in the door uses connectors with more wires and none of them are green and white/blue.

pendejo
12-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Yea, I just realized that's what the wire was for. I'm still unsure about the real problem with the window though.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
12-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Try getting a replacement control box from the junk yard. My driver side window wouldn't work when I first got the car and the control box was the problem. You can test the window motor but applying 12 volts to the correct contacts (check the Shop Manual). After that you can be sure where the problem is.

pendejo
12-19-2004, 02:07 AM
I was going to do that, unfortuantely I can't find my damn manual. Thanks anyway though, I think I'll just buy both off Ebay and be done with it.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
12-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Manual can be found here: http://www.pauldesign.ru/

POS carb
12-19-2004, 05:13 PM
go to the fuse box under the hood, rearrange the window fuses (4 blue 15A fuses), see if your windows act any different
if nothing start taking your door apart
go to the switch, make sure that the connector is properly pressed together.
on the switch make sure there is 12v in each of the up, down, and auto positions by moving the switch and checking its corresponding contact points (auto is the top solder point, down is under it, up is on the bottom).
jump the wire of the door light to the window motor and see if the motor turns. if it does that's one less problem
pray

something should give here

:bow:
:lol:

pendejo
12-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys, I'ma start ripping into it tomorrow.

IN_ONE_ACCORD
12-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Don't forget the 12-pack!

pendejo
12-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Don't forget the 12-pack!

LOL, unfortunately if I drank I would vomit even more than I already am. The flu sucks!

AccordNut
12-22-2004, 02:02 PM
i have the same problem with my 89, the driver side window doesnt work at all, i hear a click everytime i try to use it...i inspected the control box and thats where the click comes from so im gonna replace it and see what happens

pendejo
12-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Lemme know how it goes, sounds exactly like my prob.

pendejo
12-31-2004, 08:19 PM
AccordNut, have you replacedthe box yet? Any luck? Also, and I'm sorry if it's been asked before but will a motor with regulator from a Sedan or Hatch fit on my coupe? I can only seem to find them for Sedans on Ebay. Thanks guys.

3gn86lxi
12-31-2004, 10:32 PM
i have the same problem with my 89, the driver side window doesnt work at all, i hear a click everytime i try to use it...i inspected the control box and thats where the click comes from so im gonna replace it and see what happens
Have you guys ever lubed the rubber guide track??????? Sometimes it will be soooooooo dry, it will grab the window and not let it roll down. Squirt some wd40 in there and see what happens!!!!!

AccordNut
01-01-2005, 08:20 AM
nah i havent replaced the box yet, but im going to buy a new box here in a few days...im 95% sure its what the problem is. the box itself has 2 relays in it, one for driver/passenger side...i pried open the box and the driver side one clicks while the other works fine

AccordNut
01-03-2005, 04:37 PM
hey if you're still lookin for that power window module there is one on ebay right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7945266289&category=33706&sspagename=WDVW

check it out, i just bought one for 15 bux...good luck!

hondamanlxi
01-03-2005, 05:54 PM
i fixed mine yesterday! its just like fixing the main relay, just crack the case and resolder!

Underdog
01-03-2005, 06:19 PM
hey if you're still lookin for that power window module there is one on ebay right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7945266289&category=33706&sspagename=WDVW

check it out, i just bought one for 15 bux...good luck!

Darn you! lol. I was the other person who bid on the other one. I was going to bid at the last second but I had to go somewhere. Guess I'll try for this one now.

pendejo
01-04-2005, 02:48 AM
I won't bid on it. I was gonna, but I've already got 3 or 4 packages coming and they're taking all my money. Big boy toys get damn expensive.