PDA

View Full Version : headlight warning lamp

86lxihatchback
12-18-2004, 02:47 PM
My hatch is giving me weird problems again. The headlight warning light will come on but not all the way, like half as bright as it should. Then today it came on real dim and was flashing. This happens with the lights up or down, on or off. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

buds302
12-18-2004, 05:31 PM
connection problem. check your wires

86lxihatchback
12-18-2004, 08:32 PM
at the headlights?
Possible since I believe it is the original ones still.

88accordalltheway
12-18-2004, 09:51 PM
the only way i have every seen this light come on is when i ws fucking around and i was pressing the button that makes the lights go up and down, but not actually on. yea, so i pressed it so fast that the lights started going in different directions, and when they did this the check headlight light came on. yeah check your wires. If you cant fix it, just crack open the speedo box and take the little light out.

86lxihatchback
12-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Ok well tonight I parked my car outside of the garage for a bit and it was cold outside around 15, I put my car in reverse and on the dash the R did not light up, I was a little puzzled so I tried all gears and the only other one that did not come on was N, but however all gears worked fine. Once the car was warm on the inside they started lighting back up again. Could this be related to the headlight warning lamp? Like the same module or something?

buds302
12-21-2004, 09:52 AM
the only way i have every seen this light come on is when i ws fucking around and i was pressing the button that makes the lights go up and down, but not actually on. yea, so i pressed it so fast that the lights started going in different directions, and when they did this the check headlight light came on. yeah check your wires. If you cant fix it, just crack open the speedo box and take the little light out.
ive done that its pretty funny goin down the road and ur headlights r goin crazy. people stare and try to tell me they are broke

HondaBoy
12-21-2004, 10:10 AM
there's a check headlight light? i knew there's the high beam light on the cluster, but i've never seen a check headlight indicator. maybe take a pic of what that looks like. maybe i just dont know what one of them looks like and i've seen it before.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Yeah I didn't think there was a check headlight indicator lamp.

-Mike

88accordalltheway
12-21-2004, 11:00 AM
the light is on the little car thing just like where it tells you when a door is open.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-21-2004, 12:04 PM
maybe that means he has a corner light out or a blinker. I mean if his headlights work then that would be my guess.

FIVE 7
12-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Could be a loose battery connection or a bad ground?

Underdog
12-21-2004, 12:55 PM
I think the check headlight light is for the headlight motors. When it comes on, it shows the headlight symbol, and then has a two sided arrow next to it showing up and down. Mine came on when my broken piece of the headlight assembly got jammed against the motor and so the motor tried to turn and couldn't.

HondaBoy
12-21-2004, 10:50 PM
i wanna see that. shouldnt that have come on if i got something stuck in the way if they were going down or up. that's happened before and i didnt see a light, but i didnt have the key in, so thats probley why. i gotta check that out.

Underdog
12-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Yeah, the light is only on if you have the key in the On position.