PDA

View Full Version : eibach sportline springs

89AccordExi
07-30-2002, 10:59 PM
anyone got these lowering springs installed on there 3gee??
hows the handling with these on our 3gee cars??

(turns, bumps etc...)

I gots a 89exi and wondering how much will they lower my car...i dont want to lower more than 1.7 cuz i dont want to encounter any camber problems....prefer around 1.5 - 1.6...

Jims 86LXI HB
07-30-2002, 11:39 PM
Eibach sport lines have the weakest rear spring rates of any other spring you can get for our cars. Why Eibach call's them "sport" is truely beyond me. A car with them will understeer much more than a car with H&R's or neuspeeds. Even the techs at Eibach could not believe it when they quoted me their spring rates. Our cars have enough understeer as it is, you don't need the springs making it worse. Nothing wrong with the brand, and frankly I've have some really nice chat's with their techs. But they simply totally droped the ball when they chose the spring rates.

Chris86Lxi
07-31-2002, 11:58 AM
I got the sportlines on my ride and they are quite fine. It lowered it about 1.6" but about after 2 months or so they settled down a little lower to a little less than 2". I love'm. I'm also runnin 17's on my car so the steering is actually amazing and it's very precise.

Chris

Mike89Accordcom
07-31-2002, 12:52 PM
I had those on my accord first. I liked them, they handled pretty good, had them in there for about 2 years. But they weren't low enough so I got Sprint. But Eibach is a reputable company.

JSid7
08-03-2002, 10:55 PM
so im i going to have problem with my ground controls???

Jims 86LXI HB
08-03-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by JSid7
so im i going to have problem with my ground controls???

:huh: Why do you say that? Are you thinking about camber issues? Or is something else on your mind?

RobT5580
08-04-2002, 06:57 PM
Yes i do agree with Jim on them because they are in my other accord with tokicos and the back is very sloppy. I thought it was good until i put H&R's with Koni Reds in my other accord and it was like night and day. But ride wise i did like the Eibachs but they do settle a lot. I loved them compared to my Coil overs which rode very very hard.