PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new tranny

mag_pbg
12-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Thought I would let you all know that my baby is going into surgery for a new tranny, it killed over a few days ago on the way to work. Im having the original rebuilt, since one it is trashed and two it had close to 190K miles on it lol. it's going to cost around $1100 does that seem like a decent price.

Immeraufdemhund
12-21-2004, 01:37 PM
5 spd or auto? if it's an auto i hope they are taking it out and putting it back in for you. cause that just seems like a bunch. rebuilds around here are around 200 with tranny out. that would suck if they are charging you 1000 for labor.

mag_pbg
12-22-2004, 09:09 AM
it's a auto, they are taking it out and putting it in, but there is on;y like a handfull of people around where I live that would work on my car.

Immeraufdemhund
12-22-2004, 09:06 PM
do you live in some obscure hole in the wall? I do and i have the same problem up here. Good thing i learned how to work on the accord before i moved to a ford/gm only place. this town seems to have no imagination. I think i've seen 1 probe that has some nice looks, but it's not finished yet. and 1 saturn that is annoying...but atleast is foreign and had some hint of rice... never thought i'd miss rice....ooooohhhh boy this is a sad day.

mag_pbg
12-22-2004, 09:33 PM
I live in a mostly domestic place, or they give me the talk about how they don't feel "comfertable" working on Hondas.