PDA

View Full Version : power gain with richer mix?

sporkHSP
12-21-2004, 09:51 PM
ok, im in an emissions state, or i would gladly convert to a weber or do vacuum stuff if i could, but i cant.
my question, if i upgraded my plugs/wires/coil/ignition could i see any power gain from just running a rich mix? the possible logic would be that the multispark ignition would burn all of the fuel in the cylanders and thus provide more power. just figured id ask before i spend the money to do it. this would help me down tune for emissions testing.
I have a civic adapter and short ram now, and this summer i have a pacesetter catback(with high-flow cat) and a remus muffler (and possibly a header but im not thrilled with the pacesetter route) lined up.

A20A1
12-22-2004, 03:14 AM
easiest way to richen the mixture is remove the air jet controller, then just reinstall it when you go for testing... not sure how that would effect wear on your cat though. It might cause small issues with the O2 sensor still operating but there is only one way to find out and that is to try it... remove just letter "A" first... plug the port on the carb and the vaccum line for "A" see how you like it or not... then reinstall "A" and try a different letter. Then Try letter B & A or B & C or C & A then lastly try removing A B & C

sporkHSP
12-22-2004, 11:49 AM
i dont care about my current cat, and im buying a cheap hi-flo, so i really dont care about that one either...
will this give me more power? can the stock ignition system burn the mixture efficiantly or should i still upgrade?

A20A1
12-22-2004, 11:28 PM
...will this give me more power?

I don't know because you still have stock emissions parts installled, it may or may not thats why I was saying you should test it by removing the vacuum lines one at a time then in pairs then all 3 to see which you like more...

you can upgrade you ignition or get +4's.