PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Help

Tespo87AccordDX
12-22-2004, 04:40 PM
I just got my new 86 LX and it needs Power Steering Fluid. How do I know which to use? I don't want to put in the wrong stuff.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
12-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Get the OEM Honda fluid from your local dealership. That's the best guarantee that you have the correct fluid. Powersteering fluid is probably the only fluid in your car that Honda recommends to be replaced ONLY by Honda P/S fluid. It is relatively inexpensive as well.

88eyeguy
12-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Honda power steering fluid, just buy Honda

AccordEpicenter
12-22-2004, 07:59 PM
yeah regular power steering fluid will cause the ps seals to swell and cause leaks... use oem honda fluid or honda compatable fluid (it will say right on the bottle, its special)

HondaBoy
12-22-2004, 10:20 PM
i'll be the one to tell you that you really must use the REAL honda PS fluid! i got a new rack put on and used something non-honda. maybe its too thin or something, but my ps dosent really work, even though i can hear it pumping fluid as i turn it. i'm personally going to go get some new fluid and replace all the fluid with the right thing. hopefully that'll work for me.

IN_ONE_ACCORD
12-23-2004, 07:06 AM
Sounds to me like they gave you a bad rack. Same problem here, but I'm going to try
some leak stop before putting another rack in.