PDA

View Full Version : has your car been a dream or a nightmare?

AccordEpicenter
12-22-2004, 10:07 PM
My accord hasnt had any major problems at all... which makes me wonder when i see all you guys shouting that your car is a POS... so i wanna see if the big troubles you guys are having is an isolated incident or if our cars are really starting to end up in the JY

HondaBoy
12-22-2004, 10:29 PM
well, overall, my 3gee has been pretty good. had to replace the axles, radiator once, water pump. uh, i guess all bolt on things, so nothing major as of now. engine runs nice, maybe i need a new carb or have it rebuilt, but its doing nice. the tranny could be a little nicer though, its seens its better days, but doesnt slip so that i dont get power. shifts too hard. well also the gaskets/seals, those suck on my engine. i've replaced my valve cover gasket and oil pan gasket, those are good now. but there's the distributor O ring and oil filter base gasket (coat hanger gasket) needs to be changed, and the bitch is i have them sitting right here! lazyness man.

Vanilla Sky
12-22-2004, 10:38 PM
my car is a pile of shit, but the way i look at it is that when i'm done repairing it, i'll have for all intents and purposes, a new car...

it's not that i hate my car, it's just that i got the car so i can work, and so far it's not been reliable enough...

Oldblueaccord
12-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Best car I ever owned.

Bought mine in 92 for about 5 grand cash with 80k on the clock I got 250k now hope to goto 300k. I think there great cars great suspension really well balanced,wishbone suspension frtn/rear swaybars good sized brakes( i do have an LXi might make a differance) the FI is really great especially for the year. I personally like 2 door hatches so the body style I love.

I have replaced usually wear items.2 clutches one radaitor,T-stat ,most of the suspension pieces,CV joints. but like the hoses are orginal, sensors, exhaust are original,rear struts all the springs.

I can say that Hondas are not good cold weather, up north cars. Mines always been here in the South and I did keep it in a garage until last year.

Big thing is NO CAR PAYMENTS. Just try and remeber that.

wp

88Accord-DX
12-22-2004, 10:57 PM
My car overall has been pretty good little Accord. I've owned many cars over my life, and this one hasn't had any MAJOR problems. The alternator was fun replacing along with getting the crankshaft bolt off to re-place the timing belt, even though it could of lasted a while. I had to re-build to carburetor, didn't want to idle good. I re-placed the axle on one side though it was the tie-rod end that was the problem. I've re-placed the clutch. I like not having a car payment, though I should try to get a newer car to establish my credit some.

88accordhb
12-22-2004, 11:26 PM
my sandals have vtec.

RobT5580
12-23-2004, 06:56 AM
My first and third coupes were great the second one was the one to get me bad as far as repairs go.

Justin86
12-23-2004, 10:30 AM
it has been very good to be and any problems it has had have been my fault.

HostileJava
12-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Mines not been to bad, just usually stuff here and there, evertyime I have to do a repair I just say to myself how much would I have payed in interest and insurance on a new car by now.

thegreatdane
12-23-2004, 10:45 AM
My daily driver has done well. Only had to replace few maintainance parts. Her roof is getting more and more rusty and leaking but that's not her fault. Only let me down once where it stalled and would not start for about 5 minutes, but that was mainly caused by me not maintaining it properly some times.

od2681
12-23-2004, 12:59 PM
my car is moody...so itll fuck up one day and not fuck up for like months
and when one thing messes up, a lot of things mess up with it..

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-23-2004, 04:56 PM
My car has been a dream, fo sho!! Sure it's needed a few things here and there, but the simple fact that in nearly 16 years and 362,400 miles it has never even once broke down or left me stranded, I really don't think I have any room to complain there. About 3 weeks ago we had a last minute family emergency, I found out at 10pm on a thurs night that I would have to head up to Illinois (from south Florida) the next morning. I didn't even have time to change my oil or anything or really check everything over closely, so I just checked all the fluids, they were fine, checked air pressures, belts, hoses, and anything else obvious. Everything looked good... so with 358,800 on her at the time I left at 7am friday morning and drove about 90mph for 12 hours straight only stopping for gas and 1 lunch break, got some sleep, left the next morning at 8 and got to central IL by 3:30. Next night drove another 3 hours north to my moms near Chicago, drove around there some, the next night 3 hours back down to central IL. Mon morning left to come home and, being that it rained constantly about half the way back, I made it back home by 10pm tues night, odometer reading 362,027 miles. I put on 3200 miles in 6 days, and not one single f'ing problem whatsoever!!! Never even skipped a beat... temp gauge never budged off slightly below halfway, even crawling through 5pm Atlanta rush hour traffic on the way up, and 5pm Nashville traffic (in the rain!) coming back. Averaged about 31 mpg too... got 33 going through the mountains! And THAT, is why I love my car :rockon: What other car of this age and that kinda mileage could you just hop in and make a trip like that.... probably not too many. When taken care of and not beaten to hell, these cars really will last virtually forever! I still trust it enough to drive it anywhere

Luis 89LXi
12-23-2004, 05:15 PM
My coupe is a drean for sure too !!!. I have nothing wrong to say. I just love this car same as i love my fiance. We drive for vacation to south padre, austin, TX and central mexico and never have any single problem. i have full confidence on my Honda

As somebody here says " whit oil, water and gas, the accord will take you everywere".

The best car i owned.
Luis