PDA

View Full Version : Convert to Rag Top or Easier way to fix Roof

HondaBoy
12-22-2004, 11:03 PM
ok, well maybe some of y'all know that the roof on my 3gee is kinda dented in. i suppose there may be an easy way to get it poped up and then fill small dents, but numerous shops have said they will have to cut the roof panel off and replace it. i say bull shit, but ok. well anyway, i'd seen a few cars with a rag top. it looks ok to me. not that you'll really see the top of my car much, but i think it'd be much better than a dented ass ghetto looking roof all the time. i wanna go see for sure how much they will charge me. as for the headliner, i can redo that again. that would look kinda nice i think. maybe tomorrow i will see about a price, i was supposed to go to the same shop to check up on an engine and tranny they were supposed to be looking around for me. i dont think it would look stupid or anything with a rag top, i really think its vinal though. it would just be personal prefurance. so it would more or less be like a sun roof. anyway, i already know its much less than getting the roof panel replaced.