PDA

View Full Version : bottem end

bigbrat41
12-24-2004, 08:12 AM
FIRST- i'm a newbie.
SECOND- Thanks to all of you who answer our questions.

now to business.
i have purchased a '89 Lxi 5 spd coupe on e-bay ( which i will fly out on the 3rd to drive home, I hope !!!!!!??? ).
i intend to build (MAX) this car and have read many of the threads regarding performance. my question regards the bottem end, rods, bearings pistons, rings etc.
the the threads refer to Eagle rods or diamnd pistons etc.
DOES ANYONE MAKE 1 PERFORMANCE KIT WITH ALL THAT I SHOULD USE???
IF NOT i would appreciate any input into specific products and suppliers.

steven
12-24-2004, 08:15 AM
you can get any part you want machined, but you wold pay out the ass for it, do B20 swap.

86LXItooFAST4me
12-24-2004, 08:23 AM
there are no kits, these pistons and rods are specialty made anyway that i know of. i know they have the part numbers on both though, you just have to keep searching for those.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Ok I couldn't find a part # but this should work ok.

http://www.diamondracing.net/ email this place or call them and tell them you want a copy of job # 18604

smufguy
12-24-2004, 10:29 AM
your best bet is to get the specs on the parts you want to buy as aftermarket (like the pistons and rods and studs, etc) and send in it via email to one of the techs. Get hold of old parts, like a piston and a rod and send it in if they want an actual thing. In that way u can get them to match it up to any other car. I know u might have read up on threads made by a guy named Sean. He aparently found an aftermaket rod that was an exact match to ours (the aftermarket was for a diff car as u know) and only thing was to have the wrist pin holes enlarged at a machine shop. So yeah, get those numbers cranking and u will find stuff that could be made to fit our cars for a lot less money than having them custom made.

but for the crank. U can get it balanced (ours is already well balanced internally) and get it nitrate or titanium nitrate (preferred) coated. Get a stock flywheel or get ur old one resurfaced. With all the work done u would need to get the clutch sorted out too. Seems like there are already like three companies who make clutches for our cars with turbo application (ACT, Spec, {someone else}).

Its a Costly job trying to make this engine perform better in the true sense. So u are better off getting a spare block or something for a lot less price and get the work done to it rather than storing ur car while this work gets done.

Good luck and welcome to the board. :cool: