PDA

View Full Version : oh crap, this is not good

rideredorgohome
12-26-2004, 04:15 PM
I was driving home tonight as usual and I had just turned through an intersection. I shifted up to first (manual transmission of course) and then tried to go down to second. No go. It just would not come out of first. I tried to get it into neutral , second and third. It will not move at all. It feels like it shifting but its not. If I try to drive, it won't move. The engine just revs and you smell the clutch burning. It's like its stuck in between gears. For about the last two months or so, its been a bit hard to get it into first when you are just taking off (it would only do this sometimes). I would have to give it on extra push, but it would go. So tonight I had to leave the clutch engaged to let the engine idle. If you jiggled the shifter in neutral it felt like it was in, but it wasn't. I don't know what to do. I have put a good bit of money into this car so far and it is feeling its age now. But I know I should wait for the diagnosis from my mechanic. What do you guys think this problem is????

86LXItooFAST4me
12-27-2004, 04:55 AM
it has to be your clutch, i bet you shattered it. but it could be your trans. i dont think its the clutch cable because you said you are able to go through gears.

all and all you more than likely going to have to pull the trans. im thinking its your clutch though, my toyota did the same thing. sept when i through mine out it was cuz i down shifted on the high way and redlined it like a dumb ass. but it was just the clutch disk had shattered, there wasnt anything for the pressure plate to grab onto.

rideredorgohome
12-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Actually I can't go through the gears. It seems to be stuck in between shifting from first into second. It is stuck halfway in and halfway out of gear. :rocket:

86LXItooFAST4me
12-27-2004, 08:37 AM
huh, i still say it may be your clutch but check out your clutch cable and make sure its tight and set right. other than that you might wanna crawl under and check out you shift lickage and make sure nothing is blocking that.

other than that man youre gonna have to pull out the trans and check the clutch. and if that isnt, well good luck :D im betting it is your clutch but you might have burned your trans. also you might want to check and make sure the fluid is full.

od2681
12-27-2004, 08:57 AM
im with TEX(86LXItooFAST4me)
im thinkin clutch