PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen. lude stuff into 3g.

ACE_14
12-26-2004, 08:59 PM
i've got an 87 accord lx-i automatic and was wondering, if i swap stuff from an 87 F.I. lude(ecu., tranny, etc.), would i feel any gain. i'm assuming the lude stuff is more performance orientated, but should bolt up to the 3g. i'm looking to get a little more performance, but keep it a daily driver(hense the auto tranny, 101 and 405 frwys sucks w/ clutch). so my questions are basicly simple,
does the lude A20A3 have more power than the accord A20A3?
what parts would i benifit from if i swap stuff?
is the lude ecu. better?
does the lude tranny have better gearing?
etc., etc., etc.
any info. is welcome. THANKS.

Vanilla Sky
12-26-2004, 09:31 PM
not sure about the auto tranny, but the stick has better gearing... and from what i've read, you won't see any gain from using the lude stuff, unless maybe the camshafts are a bit better in the lude... it's quite possible that it's all identical...

ACE_14
12-26-2004, 11:45 PM
i had heard that the lude's ecu was set for more power, but didn't know if that was true or not?
another thing, does antone know if there is an LSD(limited slip diff.) that would fit our cars?

Vanilla Sky
12-27-2004, 12:48 AM
enough people have tried the lude computer and all have said that they noticed no difference... according to parts lists, it's the SAME computer that some of the 87 accords were equipped with...

yes, there can be an LSD adapted to our transmissions... it's from a first gen teg, and you might as well rebuild your transmission when you install it... i believe when andy did it, he used the teg transmission housing anyway, so it mihgt be required...