PDA

View Full Version : Fuel system cleaners

qh187
12-27-2004, 10:58 AM
What do you guys recommend to use? My mileage has dropped significantly over the past year. Thanks.

AccordNut
12-27-2004, 11:24 AM
I took mine to one of those oil change shops and had them clean out my fuel system and replace the fuel filter...they hook up a few chemicals to your fuel lines and i guess they work like "draino" for your injectors and what not. You should see black smoke coming out of your exhaust while they do it, that means its cleaning, i recommend this to everyone if you havent already done it.

AccordEpicenter
12-28-2004, 11:24 AM
chevron techron is some awesome shit. Ive personally seen people use it on gm's with a pretty much completely clogged injector (dead miss on that cylinder) and after running a full bottle on like $3 in gas the car ran pretty good... Id say try it

danronian
12-28-2004, 06:01 PM
I use lucas brand treatment. I think it works good but I really have no evidence behind it. But if your mileage really did drop significantly you probably need to replace an 02 sensor or just need a tune-up.

Moodybluesr
12-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Techron and Seafoam.

mykwikcoupe
12-28-2004, 10:41 PM
seafoam is the shiznit

qh187
01-04-2005, 12:45 PM
when I pour seafoam into the PCV hose, do I pour it into the pcv valve on the intake manifold?

Moodybluesr
01-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Intake manifold. :D

geo89
01-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Try a couple of bottles of the CONCENTRATED Techron. Read the label carefully, cause there are two kinds. Once a year I run half a bottle in a full tank. With two bottles = 4 tankfuls in a row. Hope that made sense....

jagojon3
01-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Any is better than none. I usually pick up a bottle of STP from the gas station every once in a while. And yea I used to work at Valvoline, that fuel injection system cleaner really works. They fuckin rip you off for the price, but it's good shit and when you see all that black smoke you know it's workin =D

Oldblueaccord
01-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Any is better than none. I usually pick up a bottle of STP from the gas station every once in a while. And yea I used to work at Valvoline, that fuel injection system cleaner really works. They fuckin rip you off for the price, but it's good shit and when you see all that black smoke you know it's workin =D

The only brand I ever used that I actually felt made an immediate differance was Wurffels Brand in a blue bottle. Not even sure if the name is right. I used to get it form my Honda mechanic buddy. It was about $8 a bottle I think.

wp

Neuspeed87lx
01-10-2005, 07:23 PM
ive used wynn's fuel injector cleaner on my cars.... its works very well.... it has a chemical that you run threw the schrader valve on your fuel rail... then it has a treatment you dump into your gas tank... then it has a throttle plate cleaner spray you spray into your intake ..... only thing that sucks.... it smells like used cat litter when your doing it .... its fun drivin the car after doing it .... white smoke just pooooors out the back of the car

accordlxi2.0
01-11-2005, 07:28 AM
i used seafoam in the 86'.
it was smoking as if i had the bat-mobile smoke screen... :thumbup:
it did wonder's too.....
i think this is what my car needs now....

AccordEpicenter
01-11-2005, 12:51 PM
it has a chemical that you run threw the schrader valve on your fuel rail...

we dont have schrader valves on our fuel rails, son

Neuspeed87lx
01-11-2005, 07:39 PM
i wasnt talking about the 3g, pops ! :) on the 3g just attach the cleaner to a intake manifold vaccume

Tha Realist
01-13-2005, 02:22 PM
use that 104 octane booster/cleaner from wal-mart.the best i've ever tried

HondaBoy
01-13-2005, 05:45 PM
well if your looking to have the fuel system really cleaned out nice you'd wanna take it to a shop that does fuel system clean ups. i know the body shop i had used did fuel system tune ups, they hook machines up to flush the fuel system well. but i'll reccommend barryman B12. its in a metal can, you can find it at most parts stores. if you pour it into the gas tank, it usually does the job. did for me anyway. also, i know that stuff must work because my grandma put diesel into the tank of the '02 accord. diesel leaves oily stuff in the system so that's not good for a gas engine. i put that stuff in and it was noticeable how it would be sluggish and bog on acceleration. then after that it was like normal. although, a drop in fuel mileage isnt always the fuel system. like mine, after i've replaced all the ignition system parts and fixed vacuum hoses, i got better gas mileage. also after rebuilding my carb, which you dont have, i'm getting even better mileage.