PDA

View Full Version : window help

Slipknotcraig133
12-27-2004, 05:02 PM
My motor is fryed in my accord. I was wondering if there is a way that i can get the window to go up until i get the motor. It sucks driving around because it is snowing here and it is cold as hell

3gn86lxi
12-27-2004, 05:33 PM
You can unbolt the glass from the regulator, and prop it up with wood or anything You can get in there.
Just two 10mm bolts, but you have to pull the panel.

Slipknotcraig133
12-27-2004, 05:38 PM
i allready have the panel off i just need a way to get the window to stay up till i get payed and get the motor. My bone head friend is the one that fryed it

mykwikcoupe
12-27-2004, 05:38 PM
when you get the motor go to honda and get there green and black label silicone spray lubricant. I love the stuff. It made windows that barely moved work like ne again. Wipe off the white ;lithium grease the best you can and spray the tracks and all pices that move or may rub. CAUTION!!!! do not get overspray on glass. you have to wash it like 50 times to get the sreaks off. This stuff works that well. Spray it on your seals all rubber and it looks feels like new again

3gn86lxi
12-27-2004, 05:51 PM
i allready have the panel off i just need a way to get the window to stay up till i get payed and get the motor. My bone head friend is the one that fryed it
Just cut a 2x2 or 2x4 tall enough to keep it up, and wedge it in there. Some times we run a screw through the regulator to keep a window up.